What's new

Do you hit the "Enter" key harder than the other keys? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
When you've typed something and can hit "Enter" to submit or do a carriage return, do you hit that key harder than you do the other keys?

I do it all the time! I just noticed it, and it bugs me for some reason. I learned to type on an old-fashioned type writer, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't even know why I posted this question. I must have been very bored. :laugh:

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I don't, but I know many people who do. I guess it seems like such a hard task to move that damn cursor down one line ;)
I will however POUND at the entire keyboard when I'm in a bad mood. Can't take out my anger only on the poor enter key :D

LewB

Screenwriter
Hitting the enter key harder is only effective when 'sending' data. The speed of the transmission is determined by the force used on the enter key :rolleyes

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Without thinking I practically punish my "enter" key.
In fact, there is tape holding it to my keyboard right now.
Third time I've knocked it off this week.
Bad key [enter]
bad bad key [ENTER!!!]
To much caffiene maybe? ;)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad most keyboards include the second enter key at on the number pad...you just can't miss it

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I really nail the sucker.
I don't know why.
Maybe cause it's just so damn big.
It thinks it's Mr. Hot Stuff.
I think I'll take it down a notch by bashing on it.
What?
You
talking
back
to
me
sucka!
I'll teach you real good.

OH YEAH!!! You want some more?!

(I think I've lost my mind.)

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
My "Enter" key does take some bashing but by far my "spacebar" takes the full brunt of my "Lead Thumb". Type, type, SPACE *wack* , type, type, SPACE *wack*!
And it's the biggest key on the keyboard...
"What's that,
size isn't everything?
Muha-ha-ha-ha!"
Going even crazier over here. :D

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
When you've typed something and can hit "Enter" to submit or do a carriage return, do you hit that key harder than you do the other keys?
I do it all the time! I just noticed it, and it bugs me for some reason. I learned to type on an old-fashioned type writer, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Ye gods! You all are showing your age...
Old-fashioned typewriter? Hit the electric carriage return!
gimme a break...I started on REAL man's typewriters. Smith-Corona. Remington. Hit that mechanical carriage return bar and REALLY take out the frustrations. DING!!!
Mashing "ENTER." Hah.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
My Enter Key and I are constantly reliving the limo scene in "What's Love got to with it".

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I've got the answer!
I know why everyone slam-dunks the ENTER key....We're all trying to ENTER, but it won't let us in! And WHY? Why I ask? It says right there, "ENTER"! Which means "come in", right? But it's really more like an EXIT key.
"This whole freakin' thread is out of order!!"
Nurse, more vodka over here please! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks