Do you have " Mighty Shield " on your big screen TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Stuckey, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I got a Hitachi 43" HDTVready for my b-day and paid the high cost of having a "good" screen protector added to my investment. The mightyshield is what CC sell's now.They are coming out this Saturday to put it on. Just woundering If any one else has had there service? I think Im going with the non-glare so I dont get the reflection of everything in my room on the TV.
    Eric

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I have a Tosh 65HX81 with the "anti-glare" screen. It is better than previous models but most would rather not have it on. Some even pay calibrators to get it off or restack it to the back.
    If I didn't have a kid with some of his friends coming over I would have removed it long ago. It is supposed to generate a better PQ without it.

3. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

So what should I go with , Non-glare or clear?
    I have my lamp behind our chair's and right now you cant see it on the screen.?

4. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

if you don't have kids, then don't kid one, this will actually produce more glare on the set

5. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Yes I do have kids,and I have already paid for it.
    Im l;eaning on non glar.But i dont want to loose any picture qlt.! HELP!

6. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Well....the benefits now outweigh the risks. Kids will have "close contact" with the set no mater what. Just get the non-glare and maybe move ur lamp to the sides of the set to eliminate ur seeing urself when watching.

7. Rich Chiavaroli

Rich Chiavaroli Stunt Coordinator

Eric Stuckey

What others are referring to is different than what I think you're talking about. Right now, you have a clear protective screen on the set. You're getting an anti-glare screen put on.

What others are talking about is actually removing the clear screen all together to expose the lenticular screen. This will produce the least amount of glare, but expose the actual screen to potential damage.

In your case, I'd use the anti-glare shield. It will be better than the normal protective screen.

8. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Right now I have no protector on it at all.

9. Rich Chiavaroli

So right now you have a screen that has grooves in it? There's not a smooth plexiglass-like screen?

10. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Yes,It is like it was just out of the box.

11. Rich Chiavaroli

Wierd.. I don't know of any new hitachi's that don't come with the high contrast screen protector. The only new model that I've seen that doesn't come with one is the panasonics.. What's the model?

12. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

hitachi 43fdx15b
    HDTVready
    4:3

13. Rich Chiavaroli

OK.. my mistake. I haven't payed much attention to the 4:3 sets. Sorry for adding to the confusion.

Your best bet if you want a screen protector is going to be the anti-glare screen that you've ordered. The clear one will have more glare, and going without might be too risky with kids.

Again, sorry for the confusion..

14. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Mightyshield's web site was working a day ago,but its not as off now.Try out www.mightyshield.com as see what you think of it.LMK