What's new

Do you have a PC hooked up to your home theater? (school project help) (1 Viewer)

headexpl0dy

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
Do you or anyone you know use a PC as part of your home theater? If so, how do you control it ie. wireless keyboard etc? For my business class I'm working on a hand held Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that puts everything in the palm of your hands to make it easier. You can see a rough prototype here that we had an engeneering student draft up. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/headexpl0dy/WP_20130123_001_zpsb331a2f6.jpg
As part of the project we have to show market traction, or if it would be popular. What do y'all think? Could something like this be interesting to you?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, what differentiates this one, over the couple hundred already on the market?I use the Logitech k400.Sent from my LG-P769 using HTF mobile app

headexpl0dy

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
We looked at all of the different ones on Amazon and other online retailers and tried to solve the problems that were reported on the reviews. We put the mouse buttons on top to resemble triggers and moved the mouse pad to the bottom to make it more comfortable. Also the actual size and shape were given to a focus group and it seems to fit well in men, women, and younger's hands. It's supposed to feel as natural as a video game controller as possible. Being hand held like a video game controller also lets you type with your thumbs as opposed to a normal keyboard and mouse such as the Logitech k400.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How small is this?Is it too small to type the correct way?If this is small, it isn't a competitor to the K400 anyway.Sent from my LG-P769 using HTF mobile app

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Have you looked at the Logitech Mini PC Entertainment Keyboard?

I had it for a bit, but ultimately found it too small for my purposes, which included some extended Web surfing. For cursory mousing and keying, like clicking and searching through DVR recordings, it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks