What's new

Do you have a favorite TV show moment or episode? (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This is also one of my favorites.

I also like the finale of M*A*S*H.

One of my favorite episodes of a TV show is "The one where Ross got high"

Anytime the Bundys got in to a brawl.

I also like the Sports Night finale.

I could go on...and on...and on.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
My favorite TV moments - golly, there's a lot! Here are some of my favorites:

Star Trek TNG: the final two minutes of the third season finale "The Best of Both Worlds". Still sends chills up my spine 14 years later.

Star Trek TNG: the final scene in the final episode, "All Good Things", with Picard joining his staff for the weekly poker game.

I Love Lucy: the episode with George Reeves guest-starring as Superman, and Ricky chews Lucy out for pulling the most outlandish stunt ever. Superman asks, "You mean to say that you've been married to her for 15 years?...And they call ME Superman!" Lucy's reaction is absolutely priceless and hilarious!

Another I Love Lucy favorite: Lucy meets Harpo Marx.

WCW Monday Nitro: The reformation of the 4 Horsemen, Arn Anderson bursting at the seams about it all, and Ric Flair's honest tears at the fans' reaction of their reformation. Utterly memorable. (Had to throw that one out there for Casey! :D )

MASH: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.

Seinfeld: from the Soup Nazi episode: "No soup for you! Come back one year!" And Elaine's crazed look at the end of the episode says it all: "NEXT!!!!!!"

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Homicide: Life on the Street - Pembleton talks to the guy (Vincent D'Onofrio) trapped in the subway platform.

All in the Family - Archie and Mike locked in the storeroom at the bar.

ER - the docs fight to save Carter and Lucy after they are viciously stabbed.

M*A*S*H - the gang watches My Darling Clementine in the mess tent.

King of the Hill - Hank unknowingly hires a drug addict.

Everybody Loves Raymond - Thanksgiving with Amy's parents and brother.

Bob Newhart Show - the "sit Whitey" scene.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, you picked a damn good one to throw in for my sake...one of my favorite Nitro moments ever.

I also like the M*A*S*H episode called "Movie night" where they attempt to watch the film in the mess tent.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
- Miami Vice: Season 4 finale with Crockett taking off in the boat and Tubbs yelling "Sonny!!"

- Millenium:Curse of Frank Black - when young Frank says "Theres no such things as ghost" and collects his "treat",a cigarette. The 2nd season just ruled and I cant wait for the DVD.

- Simpsons: So many. Episode "Rosebud" when the mechanical bear goes out of control."Homer's Triple Bypass" with his palpatating heart in the bottom corner of the screen as Mr Burns chews his ass out (I nearly pissed myself I laughed so hard.One of the funniest things Ive EVER seen).

- Too Close For Comfort: Everytime they showed Ted Knight drawing Cosmic Cow with the stupid puppet on his hand.

- Deadwood: "Mr Wu", when the Preacher visits Bullock and Stars shop and they offer to walk him home.

- The Sopranos:So many, one that sticks out is when Chris is being made and he sees the Raven.

- Star Trek TNG: Q Who, when Q gets his powers back and appears on the bridge with the Mexican band. Best laugh Ive even gotten from ST.

- Married With Children: Too many to name during the first 4 seasons.

- Deep Space Nine: "Rejoined" The Terry Farrell & Susanna Thompson kiss :)

- Soap:That ridiculous dance routine,when the "Stepbrothers" rescue Billy from the Sunnies."Good work Bronson" "BENSON!!" (I havent seen this since around 1983 or so - but it sticks out in my head)

-Sonford & Son: When Fred starts his own church and has the big gold hubcap around his neck saying "Lord save us from ugliness" pointing at Aunt Ester

-Batman: Watching Yvonna Craig walk thru the door she unlocked in The Egg and I

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Miami Vice premiere -- Driving the Daytona to the shootout with "In the Air Tonight" playing.

ST:TOS -- City on the Edge of Forever -- At the end, "Let's get the hell out of here."

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
One that has stuck with me since 1981 - Hill Street Blues - JD has hit the skids and Furillo has told him if he doesn't get his act together he is off the force. JD creeps into the AA meeting and says, "My name is John and I'm an alcoholic." While everyone does the "Hi John", off screen you hear this quiet voice saying , "Hi, JD." JD looks to the sound of the voice with tears and sees Captain Furillo. Has hung in my memory for years.

Gunsmoke - when Matt falls for Mike (Michael Learned) and due to his amnesia, spends a wild night with this woman, not Miss Kitty.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
A few. My favorite series was Buffy, but my favorite moment comes from ER.

One episode. Loves Labor Lost. Just destroys me.

I agree with Jordan that the original Magnum ending was perfect. Can't wait for Season 1.

Take care,
Chuck

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Some of my favorites are:

The Family Ties one already mentioned.

The Sports Night where Dan tells the audience about his brother Sam

The Sports Night where Issac editorializes about Roland Shepherd and the Six Southern Gentlemen from Tennesee.

In the final Sports Night, when Dana tells Casey and Dan that the show is staying. I love how we don't hear what she says, but we know what it is that she is saying.

The final Friends episode especially when they all dig their keys out and leave them on the counter and then leave.

Anything Simpsons. :)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
You hide my clothes? I'm wearing everything you own.

Maybe if I wasn't going commando!!!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
John, from the same scene above.

"Look, I'n Chandler. Could i BE wearing any more clothes?"

Also, "The One with Joey's Dirty Day." Charlton Heston's speech to Joey is priceless.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
"...now put on some pants so I can kick your butt!"
Friends has almost too many great moments to mention!

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Cheers: "I'm the luckiest son-of-a-bitch on Earth."

The ORIGINAL (and ONLY, for me) Fugitive: zoom-in on David Janssen holding the gun on the one-armed man (Bill Raisch) in the final episode's amusement park. And of course ANY confrontation with Lt. Gerard (Barry Morse).:)

Frasier: Niles nearly burning the apartment down when he attempts to iron a shirt.:D

Law and Order: "Are you giving me ATTITUDE?!" Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston) to Mike Logan (Chris Noth) in their first episode.

The BEST classic TV comedy moment I have ever seen, though, belongs to the Bob Newhart Show, when Mr. Vickers' son (William Daniels) tells Bob how all the sons in the family want to kill their fathers:

"The other night my son woke me up by hitting my head with a hammer. He said, 'Sorry Dad, I thought you were asleep.'"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
the wire - season 1 when the detective came on to shardene. it was classic and sexy. basically anything from that season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks