What's new

Do you get perforated toilet paper at work? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I find it odd that my employer can't seem to afford perforated toilet paper. We have these big monster rolls of single sheet toilet paper that isn't pre perforated. There is a completely useless razor edge perpendicular to the roll which is completely ineffectual at it's intended purpose so in essence, we have to manually rip each section of TP by ourselves. Not that this is a task for hercules, but I wonder how much more per roll would perforated toilet paper be? You'd think a company that has $billions in revenue would be nice enough to provide it's employees perforated toilet paper.

I don't feel empowered!

Jay

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Same stuff for the same reasons. They probably figured out how much it is costing them in loss productivity and are tyring to minimize associated costs. :D

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
This must be one of the oddest topics ever in After Hours...

Is it the employer, or the cleaning subcontractor, that supplies the paper? In my building, it's the latter, but fortunately their papers is indeed perforated...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My old college did the same deal. I always ended up with two foot long strips with teeth marks down the last foot and a half every time I wiped. The amount they save in the unperforated paper is probably more than lost by people like me that use four times as much toilet paper as they otherwise would.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
As a rule I don's use the crapper at work. However, im fairly sure our toilet paper is perferated.

Mark Giles

Second Unit

You must work on a construction site.

Who doesnt take a crap at work otherwise?? That's like a 15 minute break I look forward to every day!

Our TP is perferated, but it's doesnt roll smoothly. Everytime I pull, it rips at the first square. Exactly at .......... THE PERFERATED PART!!

bugs the crap outta........Hey...I think I just found the reason why yours isnt perferated!!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've done some internet searching for wholesale toilet paper suppliers and since they have a whole lotta different sources, it's hard to compare the prices between perforated and non-perforated between the same companies...

We do have our janitorial services outsources much like our IT services but you would think that we would still have some control over the supply, I bet if we told them to splurge on the perforated ones, we'd get it..

Then there's the fact that they always clean the restrooms from 12-12:30, just after most folks lunchhour and it's not staggered, they close every men's room in the particular section!!!

Jay

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Why does it even need to be something that's perforated in the first place? As stated, it's not that difficult to tear. Secondly, considering it's purpose and where it ends up, does it really matter whether or not you have clean lines where it's torn. Or are some folks so anal this is an issue for them?

By the way, I just checked, ours is perforated here at work. Lucky me!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know there was non-perf TP, but have you tried asking management about it?

Or if it's really important to you, pretend you're going to Europe and take your own roll with you.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

It would get lumped into all the other cool suggestions I would have like:

1) Free ice cream 24/7
2) Bike path around the plant
3) Don't make it snow in here by turning the A/C up to max.

For some reason, all my suggestions get 'rejected'!

Jay

LewB

Screenwriter
Go work for Google, I think you might get 2 of the 3. :laugh:
I'd like to add beeper and cell phone jamming in the bathroom to that list of suggestions.
As for the TP, the flimsier, the cheaper. The cheaper the better (for the maint. co.). You do the math.
As for going at work, I take the newspaper with me and spend some quality time reading.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I don't think they make perforated paper in the giant rolls that fit the fixture.....hence, only one choice. The tear off ledge can't be too sharp 'cause you'd have morons slicing their wrists regularly (or only once, as the case may be). Personally, I wear long sleeve shirts.

Mort

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
They do make jumbo perforated TP rolls, they also make 1ply and 2ply versions. Our Kimberly Clark TP dispensers have two spools, one to hold the big guys and another spare one to hold a normal sized roll. I was checking some online TP suppliers to see if I could find a comparison easily but then I had to go... (ohhh not *that* kind of "go") :)

I used to always avoid public restrooms, but those little toilet seat covers are da bomb. They even say "provided by the management" Seriously, I kid you not. The same management that wont provide us with perforated TP, will provide us these covers, for our health and sanity. What a country!

Jay

Joe S

Second Unit
I always try to follow the commandment "Thou shall not poop at work".

Here's an article I remember seeing in National Lampoon in the 70's- it was reprinted from a Canadian newspaper:

Body Hygiene
by McKenzie Porter

For more than 40 years I have wanted to write the column that follows. But I have refrained on the grounds of an old-fashioned sense of delicacy. Now that general attitudes toward bodily functions are more candid and wholesome I think I may deplore, without being obnoxious, the washroom habits of some men.
The most depressing spectacle a man may see on entering a public washroom to urinate is that of the feet of another man who is seated behind the half-door of a water closet in the act of defecation. There is something wrong with a man who defecates in some washroom outside his home. He is either ill, ignorant or unclean.
The custom of reading the newspaper regularly in a water closet at one's place of employment is not merely a theft of one's employer's time but, often, an offence to the eyes, ears and nose of one's colleagues.
A healthy, intelligent, fastidious man defecates in his home or hotel bathroom in the morning before he takes his shower or tub. In this way he ensures that his body is immaculate before he dons his underwear. Defecation in any place where it is difficult to wash the anus is unhygienic. No matter how good is the quality of the toilet paper available it is never as effective as soap and water.
One of the most impressive ablutationary provisions I ever saw was a latrine for private soldiers of the Indian Army during World War II. Although it was a makeshift affair in range of enemy guns it was equipped with a rudimentary shower made out of old gasoline cans. The private soldiers of this particular regiment, famous for their salubrious appearance, were not content in a latrine with paper. They expected, even in the front line, facilities for washing.
The celebrated freshness of the Indian Army is dependent to a large extent on the regularity of bowel movements. By developing the habit of excreting shortly after arising from sleep, a habit easily acquired by anybody else, the Indian Army soldiers are able to wash conveniently before they dress.
Taking a tip from the Indian Army, many years ago, the British Army introduced the seemingly incongruous barrack-room custom of serving morning tea to soldiers in bed. Such refreshment is called Gunfire. It promotes the routine of morning evacuation, use of the showers and higher standards of cleanliness and health.
Any doctor will tell you that washing with soap and water after excretion is a precaution against minor and major ailments of the rectum.
A common cause of so-called food poisoning is the handling of dishes by restaurant workers who have failed to wash their hands properly after defecation. All staff washrooms in restaurants should be equipped with bidets, or showers, and the use of such, after defecation, should be mandatory.
It is essential, of course, to provide water closets in all places of employment and public buildings for the use of persons who need them at odd times. But to encourage better habits in the general population each public water closet should carry on its half-door the notice: For Emergency.
On the inside of the door, for the edification of the user, the following notice should be posted: "This Water Closet Is Provided For Persons Suffering From Temporary Irregularity of the Bowels. Healthy Persons Use the Water Closet At Home Where It Is Possibly To Wash The Body Before Adjusting the Dress."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks