What's new

Do you find it necessary to re-adjust your display's settings after a while? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Do you find a need to re-adjust contrast or brightness after, say, a year? I had my RPTV ISF'd about a year and I have Avia. Does normal wear require any changes to the TV's settings?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
On an RPTV, yes. Brightness/light output diminish over time. Actually, they do on all sets, but this is much more noticeable on an RPTV. As a result, you have to readjust the white and black levels.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

How often do you find it neccessary? I will pop in Avia tonight. Are color levels and sharpness pretty stable?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Brightness and contrast drop off about 50% in the first couple of years and then the TV stablizes for the rest of its life until the end ...

Cannot hurt to throw in AVIA every 2 months or so. Takes about a couple of minutes to do it all.

regards

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The reason I bring all this up is,

I watched Episode II the other night and it looked as if it was just a little too dark whereas I was losing some detail. My TV was ISF'd about a year ago and I haven't used Avia since.

I will definitely use Avia tonight before watching Lord of the Rings Extended version.

Does color and sharpness change?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks