Do you feel compelled to watch a movie to the last word/note of the ending credits?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Rakaska, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Greg Rakaska

Greg Rakaska Stunt Coordinator

Rarely, if ever, do I press the stop button until after hte last line of the end credits has been displayed, and the last note of music has played.

Just curious, how many others do this?

Also rarely do I FF through the beginning credits.

NOTE: immediately after clicking the "post" button, I realized that I was not in the Polls Forum, moderators, please feel free to move!

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I would say I watch ending credits at home 60-75% of the time. If I'm alone, I watch them almost every time.

In the theater, I never leave before the end of the credits. 100% of the time I stay until the final credit and the lights come up.

-Vince

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I have insomnia and often am plagued with this problem of having to finish watching a movie. I watched a lot of bad movies in the wee hours of the morning. [​IMG]
    Jon

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i used to do that, but it drove my friends crazy. so i've kinda stopped.

i do try to pay attention to the opening credits though...i try to see if i recognize any of the same names.

5. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

I usually do, but I tend to pay more attention to the opening credits.
    when I look for something specifically in the end credits, it is usually the songs listed if I liked something I heard, or I like to see if the standard disclaimer in the end comes up, which says any similarity to any person living or dead is coincidental a.s.o. I learned that lesson from "Fargo" [​IMG]

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Not very often, unless their is a song or two that I like that play over the end credits, or a particular piece of music. The end credits for 'EP I TPM' for example has some very rousing music from master John Williams, especially if you crank it up.

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I am usually the last person to leave the theatre because I always stay till the last credit has rolled.

8. Rain

Rain Producer

Always, unless it is a film I've seen many (10+) times, in which case I will occasionally skip the end credits.
    See you all in the Polls Area. [​IMG]

9. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I watch my films from start to finish.

I even keep the overture, entr'act, intermission, and exit music where applicable because it's part of the presentation. (Yes, I do this for Ben-Hur, Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia, 2001, It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World [Only the VHS, the DVD lacks the proper presentation!])

Recreating the original presentation of a film is as important as the film itself.

10. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I only watched the end credits once, I always watch the beginning credits.

When I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time I was so shocked and amazed I watched all of the end credits.

11. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Patrick,
    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! [​IMG]
    Unless the movie is absolute garbage, I stay and watch the credits. I've been doing it for years. Although in the case of "Druids" or "Freddy Got Fingered," I was compelled to see just how many morons were involved bringing the monstrosity to the screen. "Druids" being the case of "What The Hell Were They Thinking" filmmaking. But "Corky Romano" and "The One" both sent me out of the theater faster than the "Directed by--" credit. [​IMG]
    Jason

12. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I usually watch till the end credits and always watch through the beginning credits.

13. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I usually watch through the first half of the end credits (usually not past the list of actors, I don't care about who the key grip was).

14. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I never FF through the openning credit of a movie while at home.

I will sit through the end credits only when it's a movie that I've enjoyed. Watching the end credits is a sign of respect for those that have worked on the film. If it's a bad film, I will not watch the end credits.

15. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

When I go to the movie theater with my friends, we're always the last to leave [​IMG]
    With my colleagues, that's another story, they're racing to be the first ones out... [​IMG]
    Vincent

16. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

I almost always watch the end credits unless it's an absolutely horrible movie with horrible music.

17. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I usually like to see the end credits, more out of fear there might be a bit tacked on the end (like Austin Powers 2) or something.

Incidentally, this isn't as easy with DVDs as more often than not if you let it go to the end it runs all the bloody disclaimers and stuff again and you can't get out of it with a 'menu' press. VERY VERY VERY IRRITATING.

Even moreso with Fox UK as they put about 12+ language disclaimers on the end. That is V. V. Boring to watch, I can tell you!

18. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I always watch the opening credits, as for the end credits if its a movie I'm familiar with, enjoy the music over the end credits or if I'm interested in seeing who played 'naked girl in shower' than yes, but I usually scramble for the remote as soon as the end credits start appearing.
    I remember once in my frantic attempt to reach for the remote it fell to the floor batteries spilling out, I screamed out loud when I was subjected to a few more seconds of a horrendous end credit 'ballad', shaking and sweating it took me a while to recover from that.[​IMG]

19. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

I am always the last one out of the theatre. The shot after all the credits and disclaimers and logos at the very end of "The Mission" taught me that you can never be sure that you aren't missing something significant.

20. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Yes, I too remember that last powerful scene at the very end of The Mission.
    I too watch every frame of the film, both at home and in the cinema...I wouldn't dream of missing that vacuum cleaner sex scene at the end of Scary Movie!
    ...Or that final celestial cameo appearance at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back [​IMG]