What's new

Do you ever look back on your old posts and wonder what you were thinking? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Re-read old posts? I don't read current posts!

My spelling and grammer suck fro a reason. ;)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I'd say I probably only submit about 5% of the posts I actually write. I'll start a short reply that turns into a multi-paragraph dissertation and then realize I went over the top or wrote something dumb, and just hit the back button instead.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, in fact my very first post ever on this forum back in 99 got the attention of Ron, and not in a good way lol.

It's funny how that went down, I posted something Titanic related, very bad post on my part, and then I saw that the co-owner of the forum came in after me, before I actually read his post I thought to myself "Cool! I got the attention of the co-owner, he must be impressed!"

He wasn't lol.

All of my typing skills and on-line etiquette i've learned and honed right here on this forum. The biggest benifit, though, is that the civilized manner in which this forum operates has taught me great restraint in the way I post. Sometimes I just want to scream because someone pisses me off but I can't so I force myself to calm down and respond in a more mature manner.

But yes, i've had disasters in the past.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
the percent you don't see below water will get you every time. :D

....cue Jaws music here comes RE.

mylan

Screenwriter
I always wonder if ANYBODY wants to hear what I have to say sometimes and when I hit the "send" key I think "well, thats another thread killer". I have started two threads in a year and a half though and they both got like 500 reads so maybe I am being too hard on myself. It does seem like I do have a tendency to kill em so if this is the last post, you'll know why!
BTW Mary, i'm still waiting on clearer pics of you and not that big ass TV!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll spray some thread-killer preventer. *pssssst*

There.

I think the biggest thread I ever started was the Snakes on a Plane thread. :rolleyes:;)

mylan

Screenwriter
That was you???!! Damn, you are the man! I have no idea what you are talking about.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If I had to pick an entire thread that I have questioned in the past, it would have to be my Anne Hathaway thread, I don't know what pathetic loser momentarily took over my body and composed that thing, but i'm glad it's gone. :D

StephenA

Screenwriter
Yea I've looked at old posts and threads I created at different sites and wondered what I was thinking or why I posted it.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Wow, so you guys too? I see posts from the previous day and wonder what the hell. Someone mentioned drunk posting; don't do it! I used to this all the time with incorrehent results.

And never, EVER post on an hallucinogen

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Absolutely. I learned that lesson in college. You'll be typing madly away, thinking that you're imparting the secrets of the universe when really olan zipfrap maya conan #2409uajf to a meltrun mammal soup of areo34%ing. hardly a freykar hablib sarn oot whoa, look at the colors, man...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks