1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever feel guilty about starting a thread and then have nothing to say?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    What I mean is, you start a thread and then someone replies and answers your question, then you have nothing else to say.
    I feel like people will be reluctant to post in a thread I start because I really fear I have a reputation for not coming back in again. I know i'm just being silly, at least I HOPE I am. [​IMG]
    I don't mean for this to happen, but I go sometimes a couple of days with checking in, but believe me, when I do log back on I check my thread/s immediatly, so I do read them.
    I guess what i'm trying to say is, just because I don't post again in a thread I start, doesn't mean I don't care. [​IMG]
    Anyone else feel this way?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Sometimes, I go to post a reply and find that I have
    [​IMG]

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Nope.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

5. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Jack,
    i've been sitting here for the past 5 minutes trying to figure out what you meant in your post, could you please enlighten me? I think i'm missing something.

I think that most of the members here don't mind if the original author of a thread doesn't come back in, I mean if the thread breaks off into it's own little sub-discussions the members have fun just talking amongst themselves, they don't need my input anymore to keep the thread alive.

Keep in mind that this is not always the case, I do post again in a majority of the threads I start, but I feel bad when I don't have anything else interesting to add to the discussion anymore, particullarly when i'm the author of the topic.

I don't want to post just for the sake of posting if you know what I mean.

6. Jack Briggs

Sorry, John! Didn't read you correctly. But I don't think you should ever feel guilty about posting and starting a thread. That is, you started a conversation--people are talking!--and you should be happy. Be content the Forum is stirring, is all. Sorry if I seemed flip. Didn't mean it that way. [​IMG]

7. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Thanks Jack. I didn't take your post as flip, I simply didn't understand what you meant is all, it was kind of enigmatic. [​IMG]

8. Jack Briggs

But I am an ... enigma. [​IMG]
    My then wife heard that line on a cheesy nighttime television soap opera once back in 1982, and she kept repeating that line to me during the spring. Always with a smile on her face. Way back when.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

It's okay unless it begins to look like a pattern of trolling. [​IMG]

10. Ryan Donovan

Ryan Donovan Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, sure. Well, not that I do that often, I mean...actually, I've only started one thread in my stay here at the HTF so far, and it turned out to be redundant (the topic already had a thread devoted to it, and whatnot). Only one other person besides me replied (well, two, if you count the person who told me that I was beaten to the punch), and I never tried to start a conversation...I was trying to let that thread die off and go to the back pages. I'm not sure if that was rude of me or whether I had a sudden burst of normalcy and did what I was supposed to do for once, so...
    ...Umm, what the heck was I saying again?
    Oh yeah: an English muffin is neither a muffin, nor English, when you think about it. [​IMG][​IMG]