Do you dream in TV or Movies?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Paul_Medenwaldt, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I'm not sure where this topic belongs, so I put here in TV. If it should be moved elsewhere, mods please do so.

The topic is a take off of "Do you dream in b&w or colour"?

This morning I awoke from a dream about the TV show Arrested devlopment. I usually don't think about this show until the evening of the airing, but it is one of my favorite shows and I don't usually dream about tv shows only of ...umm naked Marge.

Anywho, what I dreamed about was an entire plot line of that show and for some reason I could actually see as a story line in the show. Here it is, i'll try to explain this as clear as I can. Dreams are sometimes crazy and hard to interrupt.

The premise of the story was Gob was feeling sorry for Buster and his mechanical hand. Gob decided to take Buster on a tour of Celebrity homes, but on this tour, celebrities actually join the tourists. On the bus tour the celebrites were Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett from the Facts of Life), Dick Van Patton (Eight is Enough) and the third celebrity was Jason Bateman.

Gob and Buster sit across the isle from Jason and strike up a conversation about being famous. During this conversation a few things come up, like for some reason John Travolta and him flying 747's and being successfully outside of the entertainment industry. Gob at some point does his chicken impersonation ripping on Jason. Jason then says that he fly's helicopters and feeling sorry for Buster invites him to an airfield.

Once all 3 meet at the airfield, Gob feeling jealous because Buster previously was feeling closer to Jason then to Gob, had brought along a few slight of hand magic tricks to show off to Jason and restore his faith in Buster. They reach the hanger and Jason opens up the door to reveal a helicopter, but a large remote control helicopter.

They bring the helicopter out and Jason begins to fly the chopper. After a couple minutes, Buster is all excited and wants to fly the chopper. Jason hands the controls to Buster, who after a couple minutes gets his hook caught in the controls. The chopper starts to spin out of control and Buster begins to panic, crying that he has merged with the machines and the machine now controls him. As the chopper spins out of control, Gob sees this as the perfect time to show off and releases doves from his coat. Well the doves fly into the path of the choppers blades, ending the choppers out of control flight path.

Well that was my dream, but I thought it was so weird to dream about this show and in such detail. I guess subconsiously, if AD gets cancelled I may go nuts. [​IMG]

I would also like to find out if anyone else has dreamed something similar. Have you dreamed about a TV show or Movie?

Paul

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I dreamed about watching the premiere of Alias's fourth season the night before it premiered (7 months of anticipation really took a toll on me [​IMG]), but I only got to watch the first episode (it was a two-parter), and strangely, none of the main characters were in it. It was all a setup for the second episode.

3. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

When I was a teenager I dreamed the classic "Partridge Family on the Planet of the Apes". So I guess the answer would be both [​IMG]

Kenneth

4. Greg L

Greg L Extra

I definately dream tv which I think is the case because I watch more tv than moviws. That said, I tend to dream of tv from my youth and not the stuff I watch now!

5. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

I sometimes dream in video games. After playing too much AGE OF EMPIRES, I would dream about those little guys chopping down trees.

6. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

I dream in movies...

It was either this morning or afternoon (I spend most of Monday and Tuesday sleeping) when I had a dream that began with Jay Leno and Pat Morita as their characters in "Collision Course" (oddly enough, there were 2 Pat Moritas and I noted that. They then laughed at me). It progressed into TV for a bit, with a bookstore that had BBC comedy cassettes (I also think I saw Kermit The Frog). Finally, I ended up in a combination movie/video game version of that 1986 flick "Iron Eagle", only I had transformed not into Jason Gedrick but into Patrick Swayze. I was flying upside down in a jet with Louis Gossett Jr. as we went from point to point above Walt Disney World's Old Key West resort. I fell out of the jet and on to the concrete, but I didn't die. I was bleeding profusely, though, and I drained my blood in front of the actor who played the role of Francis Buxton's father in "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Can someone explain what this means?

7. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt

Same here. Happened a lot when I was playing Halo. I'd stay up late playing and would go to bed and dream that I was in the game.