What's new

Do you count how many times you've seen a film? (1 Viewer)

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Hi Everyone,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread, so feel free to move it to the right place.
Do you guys count how many times you've seen a film? I've been keeping a very accurate record of how many times I've seen my movies, and there are some I've watch many times more than the others. Keep in mind, that this list includes how many times i've seen the movie on VHS as well as on DVD, and even the amount of times I've seen it in theaters. I will only post the movies thave have been viewed MORE than 10 times, because anything under, would be totally uselss information. Please feel free to post how many times you've seen a particular film title:
American Beauty 11
Blair Witch Project 13
Bring It On 14
Carrie 2: The Rage 10
Coyote Ugly 12
Exorcist 12
Fight Club 17
Final Destination 20
Friday The 13th 15
Friday The 13th 2 10
Friday The 13th 3 14
Friday The 13th 4: The Final Chapter 12
Friday The 13th 5: A New Beginning 11
Friday The 13th 6: Jason Lives 16
The Goonies 16
Hackers 15
Halloween 34
Halloween 2 13
Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers 12
Halloween: H20 12
Heathers 14
Hellraiser 14
Hocus Pocus 11
House On Haunted Hill (The Remake) 14
I Know What You Did Last Summer 16
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer 10
Madonna - The Girlie Show (Live Down Under) 10
The Matrix 16
The Mummy 13
The Net 17
Nightmare On Elm Street 17
Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge 11
Nightmare On Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors 13
Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master 15
Wes Craven's New Nightmare 14
Object Of My Affection 10
Pearl Harbor 10
Pitch Black 11
Scream 10
Scream 2 10
Shawshank Redemption 10
Starship Toopers 15
Talented Mr. Ripley 10
Titanic 13

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
While certainly a bizarre list, you have to admire Mitch's dedication to contemporary cinema. ;)
How is it possible for you to watch so many crappy movies so many times?
Clearly he doesn't consider any of them crappy. Unless he's studying them, or doing research.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
It's not as much as 10 times, but to take the pressure of Mitch's taste in movies a bit:

Batman & Robin 6 times

--Anders

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
My God, you've got too much time on your hands.

I started compiling such a list of films watched on my system that I bought a few years ago to make sure I watched all my films on my 10 foot screen & in Dolby Digital/DTS if appropriate.

I soon got fed up.

Han

Second Unit
I stopped counting for Star Wars (A New Hope) at around 130. Needless to say, 0 times on DVD.:angry:
The movies that usually get watched a ton of times are the ones that show up on cable, and not DVD. I think "Boys and Girls" and "Loser" are starting to rack up the number of viewings at my house. They come on every two hours on the premium channels!!! Never stopping!

Lafe F

Second Unit
Some of you people are being rude, calling Mitch's taste in movies crappy. Halloween is coming in a few months, so let's show some compassion for the horror genre. I enjoy a lot of those movies also. I keep track of the times I watch one of my DVDs on my DVD Profiler personal notes section.

I can tell you I've seen Moulin Rouge 16 times, Star Wars an estimated 40+ times (I didn't keep notes as a kid), Empire 30+, Return of the Jedi 20+, Phantom Menace 18x, Attack of the Clones 8x, TOYS 28x, TRON 18x, The Shining 15x, Rocky Horror 15x, Halloween 12x, FT13 part 3 15x, Batman Forever 12x, Batman & Robin 10x....

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Wow you have about 1180 hours of movie viewing there or approx 50 days straight of movietainment. Carrie 2 10 times???????????? I haven't seen it once! Man.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I only mentally keep track of box office viewings (ticket stubs help)...and have no way of knowing about dvd, laser, vhs viewings?
Regarding Mitch's list: All of us have films that are special to us and speak to us personally. Some of these would suck for someone else. Let's not rip his list.:)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Not really, its usually either once or a bunch of times. The star wars OT is probably top on the list. I also watched Fight Club an average of once every other day for about 4 months straight.
:angry: :eek: :crazy:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I don't do this, but my Mom did once. In the mid 80's she informed me that she had seen Superman: The Movie 46 times, of which over 20 were in the theater upon original release.

Joel H

Auditioning
I'm in love with your Mom. :b

Superman.
In the theater.
156 times.
During the original release.

Ah, birds of a feather.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
At the risk of this thread becoming buried in a sea of dubious "tournaments," this is a poll and Polls is where it goes.

* 2001: A Space Odyssey--62 times in commercial cinemas, unknown number of times in home theaters.

* Zardoz--58 times in commercial cinemas, unknown number of times in home theaters.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
Mitch, or anybody, i'm not making fun, but why is it important to keep a tally ? what's the reasoning behind it ? i only have a rough idea how many times i watch a film, but i don't write it down. for me, it seems a bit pointless.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
TheoGB:
Dude: Where are the Star Wars / Indy films?
I'm afraid to admit that I have never seen any of the Star Wars films, except for episode 1 (one time) and I've also never seen the Indiana Jones films. The genre doesn't keep me interested. As you can see from my list above, almost all of the titles listed are all horror movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks