What's new

Do we really need another beer thread? (1 Viewer)

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I have no idea where that thread would lead.
Probably lots of blackmail material.:D

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
So how many of us can say with 100% certainty that beer did not play at least a small part in our existing at this time? Anyone feel the need to have a heart-to-heart with the folks now?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
"This really isn't a bar - it's a microbrewery."

"Really asshole? Well why don't you go in the back and microbrew me up a batch of fuckin' Budweiser!"

Cran-berry ale. Cranberry-nutcrunch-fuckin'-ale! Let me tell ya something, cranberries and beer don't go together, ok? One's for bladder infections, one's for getting drunk!

Thank you for letting me voice my opinion without really...voicing my opinion.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I don't usually drink beer, but I do like the occasional Heineken or Sam Adams. I've never tried the cheaper stuff besides Budweiser. That's ok, but I like the previous 2 I mentioned. I'm more of a hard alcohol drinker.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
If anyone wants to start a thread about the perfect Bloody Mary, I certainly have no problems. And, Steve, while I hear you loud and clear about Purple Haze (I do know of which you speak!), I am prohibited by Forum rules to let such a thread get started (locking that one would hurt real, real bad, bro'; don't wanna be forced into such a no-win sitch). Can't win 'em all.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
If anyone wants to start a thread about the perfect Bloody Mary, I certainly have no problems.
While I don't really drink Bloody Marys, I do in fact have the magic touch when it comes to making Caesars (or Bloody Caesars, as they are called in some parts). I would put my Caesars up against anyone's, anytime, anywhere.

I'll give you one hint: The most common mistake in making a Caesar is to use a glass that is too small to house all of the ingredients in the proper proportions...but that's all I'm giving away.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
let me eat when i'm hungry

let me drink when i'm dry

two dollars when i'm hard up

religion when i die

the whole world is a bottle

and life is but a dram

but when the bottle get's empty

lord it sure ain't worth a damn

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Pity those who are stuck with Crudweiser and its ilk.
Crudweiser... that's a good one, Jack.
I have some names for the so-called "beer" that was popular among my peers in high school/college:
Miller - Swiller
Budweiser - Buttweiper
Schlitz - well, you can figure that one out!! ;)
I never drank beer back then because all I was exposed to at the time (late 70s, northeastern Louisiana) was this standard supermarket junk. To me, even without anything to compare it to it was all horse piss. The rise of microbreweries and the wider distribution of foreign & smaller domestic brands (Pete's, etc.) has turned me into a beer drinker in the last decade. And I can tell you my life is much richer for it!! :D

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for making me thirsty at 7:45 am.

Give me a Guinness any time of the day. The nectar of the gods, imho.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
And, Steve, while I hear you loud and clear about Purple Haze (I do know of which you speak!), I am prohibited by Forum rules to let such a thread get started
Huh? I was referring to Purple Haze THE BEER! Not this one:

Purple Haze

All in my brain

Lately things

Don't seem the same

Acting funny, but I don't know why

'Scuze me - while I kiss the sky!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
As far as Bloody Marys go, delete vodka, add beer and with the creation of a "Red Eye" you will be compliant in this thread. You can use any typical American rice infested swill for a red eye. Use all your Bloody Mary ingredients, horseradish, tobasco, celery salt, garlic salt, pepper and a dash of Worcestersheershire shuace.
The people in the Music Area has put a little blurb at the bottom of the posts that say "Now Playing" we need to that here. I'll start....
Now Drinking: NOTHING BECAUSE I'M AT WORK DAMMIT! :angry:

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Two more things...

1) Rain what is a Bloddy Ceasar???never heard of it.

2) Purple haze: The first time I tried it and thought that it was outstanding. So I had my buddy bring me up a case from VA. It tasted horrible, verry bitter. Bad batch or did he let it get warm on the trip up. I was sooooo disappointed.

dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks