Do they make Satellite Stands for the dishes?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael De Costa, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

I am about to move into an apartment complex that has Direct TV installed throughout the building. They charge $7 to lease each box, with no option to use your own. I find this crazy, even on top of the $5.99 for each additional receiver. I want to place the dish on my balcony but would need to place it on a stand since they do not allow any mountings. Any advice?
    ------------------
    At my signal, unleash Hell.......
    Toshiba 57H81-(coming soon)
    Denon 3802
    Panasonic RP-91
    Toshiba 808 6-Head SVHS
    Definitive 2002TL's Mains
    Definitive CLR2002 Center
    Definitive BPX2 Surrounds

2. RandyL

RandyL Agent

Your local satellite dealer (and I don't mean Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, etc - go to a satellite dealer) has lots of mounting options including stands, poles, etc.

3. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

4. Bill Hollifield

Bill Hollifield Auditioning

When I travel, I carry the D* receiver, dish, compass, level and a C-clamp. Typically, I have the dish mounted on the balcony and am using the unit in 15-30 minutes.
    Additionally, many sat vendors sell tripod stands. Try using advanced search on one the search engines and type in the following:
    "dbs dish" near tripod
    WildBill
    ------------------

5. Evan A

Evan A Stunt Coordinator

today I bought a tripod stand from rat shack. It is actually a roof mount ment to fit on the cusp of the rook. (spot shaped like / ) I am in the process of hooking everything up. It was $30.00
    ------------------
    --------------------
    Evan Adams
    eaadams@ucdavis.edu
    --------------------