What's new

Do they make Satellite Stands for the dishes? (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
I am about to move into an apartment complex that has Direct TV installed throughout the building. They charge $7 to lease each box, with no option to use your own. I find this crazy, even on top of the $5.99 for each additional receiver. I want to place the dish on my balcony but would need to place it on a stand since they do not allow any mountings. Any advice?
------------------
At my signal, unleash Hell.......
Toshiba 57H81-(coming soon)
Denon 3802
Panasonic RP-91
Toshiba 808 6-Head SVHS
Definitive 2002TL's Mains
Definitive CLR2002 Center
Definitive BPX2 Surrounds

RandyL

Agent
Your local satellite dealer (and I don't mean Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, etc - go to a satellite dealer) has lots of mounting options including stands, poles, etc.

Bill Hollifield

Auditioning
When I travel, I carry the D* receiver, dish, compass, level and a C-clamp. Typically, I have the dish mounted on the balcony and am using the unit in 15-30 minutes.
Additionally, many sat vendors sell tripod stands. Try using advanced search on one the search engines and type in the following:
"dbs dish" near tripod
WildBill
------------------

Evan A

Stunt Coordinator
today I bought a tripod stand from rat shack. It is actually a roof mount ment to fit on the cusp of the rook. (spot shaped like / ) I am in the process of hooking everything up. It was $30.00
------------------
--------------------
Evan Adams
[email protected]
--------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks