1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Do the network guys at work know what I'm typing?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Christion, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

2. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

I don't know exactly how our 3 exchange servers are configed since I don't maintain them, but it seems to me that they were storing emails per user instead of the same message and multiple headers.
    Probably nothing would have ever been said if these emailing hadn't reached the top brass.
    ------------------
    "What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
    Stolen from a BBS in 1985

3. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

I taught classes prior to us installing SMS on workstations and during our new network migration. 98% of the users thought that our ability to shadow a worksation and fix things via remote control was cool. We are required to obtain their verbal permission prior to doing this. They also have audible and visual indications that we're doing it. We don't stealth.
    We are required to notify the user prior to shadowing their pc.
    SMS is useful but the slowness aggravates me. It amazes me that it can be as slow as it is on our 100mp/m network while Citrix can blaze over a 28.8 dialup connection.
    I actually prefer ICA's Citrix but AFAIK current versions don't support software distribution. I think I read or hear somewhere that they're planning to offer that ability in future vers.

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I only work on a help desk at a large firm, but I have some knowledge of the capabilities of our IS directors.