What's new

Do The Dutch Make DVD Movies? (1 Viewer)

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
Do the dutch make dvd movies? If so where could I get one?

A region 2 FOTR would be nice also.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Yes, the Dutch make DVD's. Companies mike A-Video and RCV release dvd's over here.

But WHY do you ask this? Why would you buy a dutch release over the UK release which is also R2?

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I wouldn't recommend the Dutch FOTR. Because the video master was taken from the French DVD, the end credits are in French.....
It's only a small thing, but that does make the UK release (slightly) better.
Dutch 'cheap (under USD 9,-) but good' DVD recommendations:
The African Queen
Natural Born Killers: DC
Dancer In The Dark
The Cider House Rules
BTW: The Dutch 4-disc FOTR release was also planned to have the French credits, but after numerous complaints, this has been corrected....

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
SteveMo: ...if by "dvd movies" you mean 'do the Dutch make DVDs of movies?' the answer is yes, obviously (afaik every European country except Bulgaria makes DVDs)...
...if you mean 'do the Dutch make movies' the answer is, again, yes (three Dutch movies actually won an Oscar as 'Best Foreign Film' - afaik only one of those is available on a Dutch DVD)...
...however, if you are interested in seeing one or the other Dutch movie on DVD, your best bet would be to check availability in Region 1, where the (very few) Dutch titles available on DVD are at least provided with optional English subtitles - for instance: Paul Verhoeven's pre-Hollywood films are available on Anchor Bay discs (with commentaries from the Director), George Sluizer's "Spoorloos" is available on a Criterion disc...
. . . . . .

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
When I ask if the dutch make DVDs, I mean by this do they shoot films on location in the netherlands made by actual residents of some whome may be dutch.

I asked a dutch message board where I could buy one if possible.

My grandmother is from Enschede but has lived in the US for most of her life. I checked it out. There are people there with my last name. It's worth looking into it since before my grandmother, and my mothers side of the family being indians and french, I have no Idea where my family came from. There was a person on the titanic with my last name. Thats depressing.

I would like to visit there someday in the mean time I would like to get a taste of the culture while learning a little of the language in a more practical manner.

I would like to have the region FOTR DVD in region 2 just because I think it would be fun to have. My Malanta n996 should take care of any of the formats.

So where is this UK version at? Can I get it with US dollars?

I will try Anchor Bay.

Edit: I think the dutch think I want the new version of FOTR or I'm trying to do something wrong. Oh well. I'm trying to explain.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Steve,

Although it's not a feature film but a documentary, your grandma may like the very Dutch DVD of the recent Royal Wedding. Most people on screen are Dutch, a few are Argentinian.

Cees

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Hehe...

Trouwens, vorige week "De Lift" zien liggen in de bargain-bin van de freerecord. Valt de kwaliteit hiervan een beetje mee?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
zullen we dan maar verder gaan met een Nederlandse discussie. Het is eigenlijk maf dat de beste dvds van Nederlandse films in R1 verschijnen. Hoe zit dat eigenlijk ?
Hoe meer zielen hoe meer vreugde !!!
;) ;)

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Fine, I'll get me a copy of "De Lift". It's a shame we can't have Ron review it for us. ;)
By the way, do you think "Schatjes" will ever be released? That movie, for me, only became funny after I grew up. It scared the hell out of me when I was little. Would love to revisit it sometime.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Mark
bedankt voor de link van het PV inteview
Kai
Yes Schatjes bring back a lot of wonderful memories and would also love to see this on DVD
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks