What's new

Do t-nuts and bolts create an airtight seal? (1 Viewer)

ArmenK

Stunt Coordinator
Well, do they? and if not, how should I go about making them airtight? should i use t-nuts to attach the terminal cup as well? thanks!

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I don't think any bolt/screw will make an airtight seal by itself. I recommend adding some weather stripping then t-bolting the driver/terminal cup/whatever else down. That will make it airtight!

ArmenK

Stunt Coordinator
I meant the hole for the bolt/tnut itself, should i worry about leaks from there? should i use some kind of rubber washer?

If the whole size for the T-nut is just larger than the t-nut insert pin (for lack of a better phrase) and there is pleanty of wood for the the T-nut to grab on to, then yes, it's pretty air-tite.

When you seal the driver use the smallest stuff you can find from Home Depot or lowes...and stick it to the cabinet. That way you can remove the driver some day and not have foam stuck to it...kinda ugly, reduces resale value.

Scott

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Oops, sorry Armen. I would have to agree with Scott that the screws will make an airtight seal. But if you pre-drill the holes for the t-nuts, don't make the hole too big. Then there will not be an airtight seal!

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
If the hole is too big, you could probably use some teflon tape around the screw to make it air-tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks