1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Do Swans grace your HT room?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoff L, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Dose anyone own any of these beautiful speaks?
    They have a growing, near cult following over at AVS forum. If you do own some Swans, which do you have and what did you move from?
    Are you happy with them? Could you try to explain why you are,,,, or why you where not if thats the case. From the posts over at AVS forum, seems most are very pleased....!
    Im considering new speaks and these are definitly in the running.
    Specificly the ~ C-3 center and four of the 4.1's or 5.1's....
    Deep bass is not a concern, though nice extension in any floor or center is a definite pluse...
    ===============
    Aside from the thier beautiful looks and supurb build, what did find while listening to them that you liked, and compared to what.
    ===============
    Please feel free to expound on anything about them dealing with any model from that line!!!
    Thanxs
    Geoff

2. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

I don't have any experience with these, however, I am interested, too. I am looking for some nice pics of these in an actual HT setup if anyone has anything to share.
    I posted over at AVS and didn't come up with too much. I thought everyone had a digital camera these days!?!?!?!
    Aaron

3. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Geoff and Aaron,
    I was one of those who was saving for either the B&W Nautilas 804's or possibly the new JM Lab Electra line which should be out now. However, these speakers whould be 2-3 times more than I spent on a whole Diva setup, and I could not justify to my wife or daughter spending that much money for two speakers. After reading the Diva threads on avsforum.com, I decided I would try the Diva's. I took advantage of their summer specials on the 6.1's, with the R3 surrounds and a free C3. They are very nice speakers and I'm glad I took the plunge. They get better sounding everyday, and with the money I saved I was able to buy a Bryston 4BST amp to drive the 6.1's and WOW! What a beautiful sound, at least to my ears. I could not be more satisfied unless I spent 3 times the money and even then who knows. You can see pictures of these speakers at av123.com and if you email me I'll try and get some good pictures and send them to you via your email. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions just email me.
    Mike [email protected]

4. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Mike,
    And yes everything I read helps push me closer acuatlly buying them. While my system is far from some of the audiophiles stuff that have been criticing them at AVS, Im just amazed at the responce these speaks are getting. I think of the literly hundreds of post I've read at AVS dealing with the Swan line, I think one person didnt care for them, and he too thought they still where impressive at thier price point.
    If they sound half as good as look im sure most would be pleased.
    Yes, please feel free to send some pics, any pics!! I will be e-mailing you very soon! [​IMG]
    Ive read anything and everything I could find, and been anywhere and everywhere I could to see more pics of them.
    For me this would be a good chunk of change to drop, and though some might spend this easily for just two speaks or a new pre-pro, my budget is more general america I would say.
    Im glad your very pleased and they certainly are not hard to look at. It's nice to know that the people that sell these ~{AV123.com}~, are like a few other Net sellers, who are top notch at standing behind what they sell. A good feeling when buying something unseen & untested buy me/you!
    Thanks for the reply.
    Geoff
    [Edited last by Geoff L on November 17, 2001 at 04:41 PM]

5. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    DAYUM!! Ive also frequently heard about these speakers but i didnt know they were so beautiful.
    If they sound as good as they look, im hooked!
    I hope we can get some info from members who actually have these.
    Id be very interested in others perspective on their sound and what they paid for them.
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Charlie don't surf."

6. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    *bump*

7. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

I can't vouch for how the Diva's sound but what I can tell
    you is that my AR9's use the same midranges. HiVi Research
    Magnesium/Aluminium mids. And after hearing metal mids I
    would never go back to a paper or poly cone speaker [​IMG]
    Instrumental music will make every hair on your body stand
    up in Ovation! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Brett DiMichele
    My Home Theater Site!
    [email protected]

8. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Check out these sites: http://swanspeaker.com/products/syst...as/diva_10.htm www.cheaphometheater.com.
    I have posted my Diva experiences on the AVS thread you have been reading.
    Russ
    [Edited last by Russell _T on November 17, 2001 at 11:24 PM]
    [Edited last by Russell _T on November 17, 2001 at 11:26 PM]
    [Edited last by Russell _T on November 17, 2001 at 11:28 PM]
    [Edited last by Russell _T on November 17, 2001 at 11:32 PM]

9. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

I am one of those who took notice of the Diva's early and despite already had my designated speakers for both 5.1 & stereo systems I took the plunge and ordered the 6.1/C3/R3 set. Of the speaker systems I currently own the Diva's keep pace with the rest quite well despite being the least expensive. I only have the 6.1's setup in my second music room while the rest of the Diva's are still idling (hence may not have been broken in yet) but they eventually will be doing multi-channel music duty.
    Btw, those of you who live close by (San Antonio TX) I'll be glad to arrange for an audition. Just bring your own software. [​IMG]
    Sorry Aaron, I recall reading your post on AVS asking for audition or pictures but I don't have a digital camera [​IMG] (plus even if I do I still would have no idea how to send them electronically or if my ancient PC/modom connection can handle the load or not) and my suggestion to you is to either e-mail or call up Russell Woolfolk or Steve Ozmai @ AV123. Steve always have his e-mail address at the end of his posts on AVSForum and remember you DON'T have to order for them to answer your questions as long as you mention AVSForum.
    PF
    [Edited last by PomingF on November 17, 2001 at 11:49 PM]

10. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    Thank you Poming. I sent you a PM, but again, id love to have a listen, plz email me.
    Are the Divas considered Mid-Fi?
    What do they compare to?
    Paradigm Monitors?
    Studios?
    Thanks!!
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Charlie don't surf."

11. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Henry, sorry my PC is acting up again not allowing me to check my PM's but will do it with my PC @ work Monday and get back to you later. As for how the Diva's compare to other brands, B&W is what they've been compared to the most & so far the comparison has been very favorable. If you take your time going through the long two part Diva posts @ AVS you should be able to get at least some idea how they fair with other brands. Hey if you have a digital camera may be you can bring it by at the audition & shoot some pics for the folks here. [​IMG]
    PM

12. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

13. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Hey everyone,
    I sent some pictures to Geoff last nice of my Diva's. I have not heard whether he recieved them or not. If anyone else would like to see them let me know and I will email you the pictures. After having them for a week, I can say without a doubt they are sounding better everyday and I do not regret my purchase at all. These will be my speakers for a very long time. So if you're on the fence as I was several weeks ago, jump down and call Russell or Steve at av123.com and place your order. Just one satisfied customer letting everyone know.
    Mike

14. Russell _T

Mike,
    I would love to see your set up southwest style.
    Russ

15. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Russ,
    You have email.
    Mike

16. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    Mike which do you have?

Poming,

I dont have a digital camera, but id still like to take some pix of them with a regular one.

Plz let me know of a good time to go over and have a look and listen.

I apologize. I dont know why i have such a large space down here.

17. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Henry, you have a PM.

PF

18. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Thanks Mike,
    Yes Mike was very kind to take time to send some pics. Moveing my upgrade bug into a heavy sweat.
    I wrote a large post last night prior to shut down, and of course the forum went down as I attemped to post. It was lost. [​IMG]
    Russell
    Thanks for the links, I've been to all them allready, but for those who have not seen them yet, they will be very usefull. Go take a peak!!!
    www.AV123.com
    I dont know why there dosn't appear to be the intrest in these speakers here like at AVS-forum. The hundreds of post and daily talk of them is amazeing. The Diva line by Swans are really no more expensive than most well known brands higher end lines that many are running here now. The defineing factor for me, and im sure others also, is the fact that you can't listen to them before you buy. Seems though, everyone that has bought them likes them. The internet dealer that sell the Diva's ~{AV123}~ stand behind them 100% and post almost daily at AVS. The only thing stopping me at this point is, they are very very heavy, and if buy small chance you dont like them, ~{and this seems to be very rare}~, you will have to pay shipping back. It is a bit pricey when your looking at four towers and the center.
    I think Im going to chew on it, as they say for a little while longer.
    I want to say thanks again to Mike, and hope you continue to enjoy them. I cant here them, but they sure look good setting in your room.
    Regards
    Geoff

19. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Geoff, have you posted on AVS's Diva post specifically asking for any local (for you) user for an audition? Or have you try calling up AV123 (Steve or Russell specifically telling them you read about Diva on AVS) asking to see if they can hook you up with someone in your neck of the woods?

PF

20. Russell _T

Geoff,

Yes I agree with you that it is very out of the ordinary and unsettling to order speakers without having the chance to hear them first. After several months of B&M auditioning, and never being able to make up my mind, I finally just threw in the towel and ordered the Diva's out of self preservation if nothing else. Everything seemed to be right about them, and I have been very happy with my decision. I think the reason most of the Diva activity is on AVS is simply that people gravitate to one area once it gets started, and it more or less got started there. There have been many other Diva threads on the other forums, just not as extended as the AVS one. I won't sing the Diva praises here because you have already read the same story over and over again, however it has been an experience I would not want to have missed.

Good Luck,

Russ