What's new

Do Subs hurt equipment, convergence, etc? (1 Viewer)

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Hi,
so many people post reports that their subs rock their houses (or apartment neighbors), make pictures fall of hooks, etc, that it makes me wonder if all the vibration might actually hurt equipment -- and here I think of physical things like convergence and the like.
Any thoughts on this?
Dan
------------------

Steve_D

Second Unit
Yes, in my personal experience I do believe convergance can be affected by shake-level bass. Some people believe it affects CD players, amps, speakers, other equipment also witness the large number of isolation products available.
------------------
Link Removed

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I will let you know as soon as my twin SV20-39CS subs arrive as I have a Barcographics 808s FP and a lot of stuff in my HT room that already makes noise with my current two subs. I have a feeling I will be doing a thorough once over of the entire room and tightening and placing rub feet under the glass table tops etc….
wink.gif

------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

Joe Casey

Stunt Coordinator
In my 2-ch system, ever since I got a pair of Vandersteen subs, I have my preamp (Cary tubed) isolated from vibrations because if I'm in the mood to swap tubes with a pair that are microphonic, I can get some wicked feedback.
------------------
Q

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
I experimented with the placement of my sub in front of the RPTV. It has double rear ports and knocked my picture out of alignment pretty fast. I now have it in the corner off to the side-rear of the TV and the convergence is fine now.
Trace

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks