Do skishops need the boots to mount bindings on XC skis?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Ack, my bindings arrived yesterday (Rottefella NNN BC Manual) and I wanted to get them mounted today, but my boots aren't here yet. Do they need to have the boot to mount the bindings. From looking at the bindings, it looks like it is adjustable based on a range. I know my size (Euro 41) but since I have never mounted bindings before, I don't know the procedure.

Jay

2. Andrej Dolenc

Andrej Dolenc Stunt Coordinator

They might need the boots to set the binding up right, setting your foot in the right place on the ski. I suppose the easy way to find out is to call them!

Speaking of XC skis, my buddy just got 7 pairs of XC skis for $80. Now he's trying to foist them on everybody that he knows.

Andrej

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

They may but mostly they just need to know the size of your boot. The bindings after being mounted can still slide a little bit to accomodate different sized boots and so that you can fine tune the fitting.

KyleS

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, I actually called them after I posted it. But they weren't open when I posted it and I have the skis in my car.

They said they don't need the boot but asked for my boot size (Euro 41 or 7 1/2 US).. I looked at the horrible manual that comes with the bindings and it looks to be mounted based on a range...

I hope this stinkin monsoon headed towards us saturday doesn't wash all the snow away. I've found out a great plan to be able to drive to a park and XC ski to work the rest of the way. (Too much snow to bike and the snow banks are too high to bike on the road comfortable, plus the usual freeze, refreeze).

Jay