What's new

Do reality shows have contracts with Playboy? (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
>Why is that it seems like women from these reality shows end up in Playboy?

Uh, because there are a lot of men who've seen the women on TV and would like to see them nude? This has nothing to do with reality TV- Playboy and other men's magazines have always featured famous women, whether they're famous for being actresses, athletes, etc, as long as the women are considered attractive enough. Plus, women from reality shows are more likely to pose than famous and wealthy actresses who don't care about the money.

>As for Playboy, I'm still amazed anyone buys it for the pictures anymore.

Although there is a lot of good text content in the magazine (seriously), I'm sure the pictures are why most copies are sold. I don't think most guys who buy the mag care why the women were chosen, as long as they're hot.

>Am I the only one who believes you need to work hard for fame and fortune?

As far as posing for a magazine, you only need to have a certain look & be discovered. Getting in Playboy is not like winning an Oscar or Nobel Prize. A lot of it is luck in having good genetics, but you could argue that some of the models probably work hard at staying in shape.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Again, I long for the days when beautiful/young women tried hard to get on the cover of Playboy, when getting the cover meant something, it showed how hard you worked at becoming something worth being on the cover of one of the classiest nudie magazines.
Hmmmm. Please explain what "hard work" the other "models" in Playboy had to do to get in the magazine. Come on. They're not in Playboy because they're Rocket Scientists. They're in Playboy because they're pretty and have a good body, mostly due to genetics. They probably work out to some degree but so do millions of other women. These women didn't do anything more than pose for some photos. Gee, that's hard work.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Please explain what "hard work" the other "models" in Playboy had to do to get in the magazine.
I'm talking about the ones who work as models and make a career out of it. These survivor babes just got thrown into it.

Maybe it's a psychological thing relating to my job. I had to work hard to get to the position and respect I have. But we constantly get these people who don't have a clue as to what they're doing and they are being hired at the same pay as I am :angry: (even higher). Most of these people have no prior experience and somehow get their foot in the door.

Most of the "real" models in Playboy started out in modeling gigs (i.e. Magazines, Catalogs, etc.). They've been in the business...

I agree that my utter disgust for these reality shows has skewed my view point of trying to find anything positive about these women, so I don't think I'll be able to argue effectively. I'll just leave it as my opinion of these Reality Show babes is pretty low. It just seems like a cheesy way to do things.

Again, maybe I'm the only one who wants to see pictures of "beautiful women" and not the "Flavor of the Month"? Just because guys want to see them naked, doesn't mean they are beautiful. Most guys would like to see any woman naked. I don't necessarily get Playboy just to see naked women (as someone pointed out, I can do that on the internet)...I buy Playboy to see photos of top notch beauty.

As Tom pointed out, these women don't stand out in a crowd. :frowning: I want Playboy women who you look at and think "Holy Shit!" to yourself, not just nude photos.

I'll take Beauty over Novelty ANY DAY!!!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Dude, they're all fake.
Yes they are, and I've come to accept that. What I don't accept is the fakeness in "Reality" shows. It's not REAL at all.

Rant on again:
I just don't find anything remotely charming about reality shows. I find the people associated with those shows to be even more 1 dimensional than the models in Playboy. I have such an absolute disgust with these shows that anything conected to them turns me off completely. :frowning:
Rant off

Fhwew! I feel better now.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
It seems like the only reason you hate these reality women that pose is that you had the chance to hear them talk and realize they're idiots, as oppose to just seeing the model pose. And trust me, that's a good enough reason for me. Would it bother you any more or less if a playboy model went onto a reality show?

Plus there is a rumor going around the forum that you hate reality shows. Is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks