What's new

Do people really prefer to Hard Rock/Songs over film score in trialers? (1 Viewer)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
In recent years, we're seeing more and more teasers and trailers with rock songs, R&B or just pop songs instead of film score music. Is this what people really prefer?

Not me and in fact have turned away many movies because I thought it's just a mindless rock video made for teenagers. Finally when I see some of these movies and liked it, I wonder what the heck they were thinking when they put those rock songs all over the trailers. It must be working or else they wouldn't be using it.

I know I know, it's marketing the songs for one thing and in another, it's appropriate. Movies like The Wedding Singer or Cross Roads are examples and I'm fine with those.

Unfortunately, I have so little memories of these trailers that I can't list many examples unlike great ones like Pearl Harbors or Mask of Zorro that actually used film scores. However I do remember Blade II trailer which was a complete turnoff for me. When I finally saw the movie, I actually liked it. Now, movie like Fast and Furious might be more forgiving but nevertheless, would have been more dramatic if exciting film score was used.

The other day, I saw Episode II teaser on TV that used some rock song and I thought "Oh no, not Star Wars too." This however, was the only teaser/trailer of Epi II that was done without the actual score.

So tell me, this method works on you?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just the score for me, thank you very much! I don't like being pandered to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks