What's new

Do NOT watch the commentary on '13 GHOSTS' if you havn't seen 'THE SIXTH SENSE'!! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Boy am I lucky that I have seen 'The Sixth Sense' before listening to this commentary or I would have been one pissed off mutha! In it, one of the filmmakers blatently and without regard, gives away the whole surprise about that movie!
I heard that and thought to myself "What a jerk! What if someone is listening who hasn't seen 'The Sixth Sense' yet!?" That was terrible on his part IMO.
On the other hand, anyone who has seen '13 Ghosts' has certaintly seen 'The Sixth Sense' I think. :) And who else is going to listen to the commentary on this film except a loser like me? ;)
But I thought i'd give a heads up anyway just in case.

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
Boy am I lucky that I have seen 'The Sixth Sense' before listening to this commentary or I would have been one pissed off mutha! In it, one of the filmmakers blatently and without regard, gives away the whole surprise about that movie!
The Sixth Sense was just on broadcast TV this week. Frankly, if somebody havsn't seen it, or knows the twist by now, it's their own fault for waiting too long.

Chris M

Second Unit
Chris, I don't agree with your statement. There are many people I'm sure who haven't heard of it due to them just getting into those kinds of movies, or out of the country for a year, or other reasons.

However, I do agree with John that if someone is watching the 13 Ghosts commentary that they would most likely be knowledgable about the Sixth Sense.

Chris.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
or out of the country for a year
Y'know, some of us outside north america actually have this weird technology called cinema now...
Why, some cities actually have places you can go and watch a movie for a fee, if you can imagine that. And some shops actually let you rent these shiny silver discs so you can watch the movie at home. What will they come up with next?

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
If they've been out of the country for several years, I sincerely hope that they properly prioritize which movies to see first. Therefore, watching The Sixth Sense would hopefully be about 5,724 items above listening to an audio commentary of 13 Ghosts on that list.
I do hear what you're saying, however.
Link Removed

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Sixth Sense:
- Was released almost three years ago.
- Was nominated for and won many awards including Academy Awards.
- The ending was spoofed all over the media even in the TRAILER for Scary Movie which was released in 2000.
The only way you could not know the ending to The Sixth Sense is if you've been living in a cave since August 1999. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright so it's a bad film, and nobody will listen to the commentary. But I liked the movie, and the only reason I wanted to hear the commentary was because I was very immpressed with this films production design, that house was amazing!

And it is possible that a newbie or two may not have seen 'TSS' yet, so I had to speak up.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, your right Matthew, but I feel that it was very irresponsable of them to mention that. Believe it or not, a lot of people still have not seen 'TSS' and have no idea of the ending.

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
There is one aspect about spoiler warnings that seems to be overlooked. What about the next generation of movie fans? Certainly tomorrow's movie fan would want to enjoy the same sense of discovery we have all felt when we watch a film for the first time.
After all, don't we all like to go back and enjoy movies from the past. Don't we want to see them without having surprises and twists spoiled for us?
My oldest daughter and I just watched the 1957 version of Witness for the Prosecution and Sleuth from 1972. Just because these films are old, I don't want the surprises and twists openly talked about. As my daughter was not aware of either film, she could enjoy the twists and turns of both plots and greatly enjoyed both films.
My youngest daughter hasn't seen Sixth Sense yet, but at some point in the future I would want her to enjoy the film as much as I did when I first watched the film.
In my mind, spoiler warnings are not only for the current generation of movie fans, but future generations also.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
There's really no way around this, if you ever want to discuss the ending. Unless you can NEVER ever discuss the ending, or just use vagueries.

Just like if you're talking about the surprise ending in an essay or something.

Fortunately, I'll bet the number of people who are listening to an audio commentary on "Thirteen Ghosts" without having seen The Sixth Sense is very small.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm pretty sure that The Sixth Sense, although nominated for a bunch of Oscars, didn't win any.
BTW, I just had the mispleasure of watching 13 ghosts courtesy of a free rental....what a piece of shite!:thumbsdown:

Ryan Coleman

Auditioning
My only question is was it at least relevant to something they did in their production?

ie. Did Sixth Sense somehow relate to what they did on 13 ghosts?

If that was the case then I'd rather they talk about it(maybe not as blantantly) rather than not. It would be very differnt if Sixth Sense had just recently come out and was still in theatres / not in stores but given it's been out for three years I say it's fair game for context specific discussion.

If they mentioned it solely to spoil that's a whole different story. (Like my High School friend who took great delight in informing me "The ***** did it" as I picked up a copy of "The Usual Suspects" to rent. grr)

Paul W

Second Unit
The only way you could not know the ending to The Sixth Sense is if you've been living in a cave since August 1999
Attention Osama Bin Laden:
Don't watch the commentary for 13 Ghosts if you haven't yet seen The Sixth Sense!
Oh wait . . . go ahead. What do we care?
:D

Carlton C

Auditioning
Ummm, I guess it's time for minority to speak up. I've never seen Sixth Sense.

Okay, now that that shocker is out of the way we can continue. I do and don't agree about giving away the endings like that. For younger generations, it should be a surprise. For me, I don't care since I'll watch the movie even if I know it by heart. That's why I watch movies, because I like the movie.

That said I wouldn't mind knowing what the surprise is at the end of Sixth Sense, but that's only because I have no plans to ever see the movie. But that's just me, to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks