What's new

Do NOT Send Your Opera DVD Back! (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
There is a new statement here regarding the email sent asking for DVDs to be sent back. Do NOT send it back!
------------------
Best, Sam
[Edited last by Samuel Des on October 19, 2001 at 09:44 AM]

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
So did Anchor Bay make a boo-boo, or is someone out there trying to get himself thousands of defective (but free) DVDs?

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Ooops....too late. Just got back from dropping my disc in the mail. Oh well, it's not like I needed to keep it for anything. Hope it was actually an Anchor Bay address and not just someone collecting addresses and phone numbers.

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from the store where I mailed it and they let me take it back. (Not sure if that's legal, but it was nice of them to do.) What a pain. If this is some sort of nutty scam, hopefully there will be some consequence for whoever did it. I don't think I've ever gone through so much trouble to get a DVD. Having never seen Opera, I bought it based on reputation. Hopefully it will be worth the trouble and the wait.
Thanks Samuel for the heads up!

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Question:
When I originally filled out the web form and submitted my info was I supposed to get an e-mail confirmation? If so, should I be worried that I didn't?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Too late for me. I don't see how it was a hoax though seeing as it went to people who filled out the form. Sounds more like backpedaling from a bad decision to me.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Thank Gawd....I was feeling mighty pleased at first with AB for taking care of their pressing problem with the LEAST affect on us OPERA owners.
Then I got mighty pissed when they backpeddaled, and made it fully OUR problem.WE spend our hard earned money on these discs, and it takes our time, trouble and money to return them. Plus you are with out the very film that you may have yet to watch successfully, or finish the supplements on, and cannot.
I realise a few may get a free OPERA disc, but with no cover?!
If this happend once in a blue moon I wouldnt have much to say, but it seems to be happening more and more.
Still, DISNEYS delay on a fixed DINOSAUR is now unforgivable.
a free ATLANTIS is about the only thing that will placate me.

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of things: Why didn't they use the SAME email system to tell everyone not to do it instead of just posting this message? I don't read AB's website but maybe once a month..who would see this if they didn't regularly read it? Use the email system (wonderful modern convience it is) to tell everyone this.
Second, this is a bit off topic, but WHY is the text on this page a GRAPHIC instead of just plain ol' normal text? I don't have the best connection and I had to sit for, like, 2 minutes while 4 or 5 sentences loaded. Dumb web design. In any case, I already sent my disc in. How nice of them to quickly sort this out before hundreds of people already payed to ship it back. Man, they botched Opera good.. I used to love AB, but given their recent problems, I'm starting to seriously re-think my fanship of them.

>>A couple of things: Why didn't they use the SAME email system to tell everyone not to do it instead of just posting this message?

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Hm... good point. I'm not sure who runs their CS department. I sent in an email regarding Tenenbre in, I think August. Didn't get a reply until yesterday; and even then, it didn't address my question.
confused.gif

------------------
Best, Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks