What's new

Do not download NVIDIA v44.03 drivers! (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
If you have a PC with an NVIDIA-based video card, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE DETONATOR v44.03 DRIVERS FROM NVIDIA'S WEB SITE IF YOU RUN ANY GAME THAT USES THE NEWER UNREAL GRAPHICS ENGINE!

These games include (but are not limited to):
- Unreal Tournament 2003
- Unreal 2
- Enter the Matrix
- Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

The 44.03 drivers will crash any of these games on startup due to problems in the driver. Even launching these games in SAFE MODE will not prevent this error from happening.

If you play any of these games, make sure that you use the 43.45 (or earlier) driver.

Although I was able to successfully uninstall the 44.03 driver and reinstall the 43.45 driver on my Windows 98SE system, my Windows 2000 system was not so fortunate and I had no choice but to format the hard drive and reinstall in order to completely get rid of any trace of the 44.03 driver.

The Atari message boards are loaded with messages from people running on all 98SE and higher Windows systems who were unable to play the game after installing the 44.03 drivers. I've already notified NVIDIA in case they don't already know, so we'll see what happens there.

Hopefully, this message will prevent anyone from having to go through the hell that I went through.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I am using the v44.03 driver at the moment but I don't play any games that utilize the Unreal graphics engine. Obviously don't download it if you're using that engine..but otherwise, the driver is fine. (btw, is there a list of games that use the newer unreal engine?)

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks