Do Logan's Run and The Man From Atlantis stil air in the US?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by JulianK, Feb 24, 2004.

1. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

Most SF genre shows from the 70s onwards have had some exposure here in the UK in the last decade or so, but AFAIK neither The Man From Atlantis nor Logan's Run have been shown here since the 70s.

So, I'm curious if they still air in the US?

I'd quite like to see a few episodes, for old time's sake.

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Logan's Run will make the rounds of the usual cable stations every few months or so. As for The Man From Atlantis, I don't think I've ever seen it so I can't say.

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Logan's Run, the movie, gets shown every once in a great while. Logan's Run, the television series I haven't seen since the 70's.

Same goes for Man from Atlantis. I wonder if Patrick Duffy still puts that on his resume? [​IMG]

How about "Supertrain"? Does that get airtime in the UK? [​IMG]

4. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Man From Atlantis... man, I haven't thought about that show in ... well... decades. [​IMG] I remember watching that! I also remember trying to swim like Duffy did... [​IMG]

5. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

Supertrain doesn't ring any bells at all, I'm afraid.

The Man From Atlantis pilot was released on VHS here in the early 90s. I've got a copy.... somewhere!

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Logan's Run the tv series ran on Scifi channel a few years ago when they actually showed scifi shows.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

It probably doesn't ring any bells here in the states either. [​IMG] It was pretty bad.

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    The Logans Run show was just horrible but I sure would like to see Man from Atlantis again.
    Anyone remember a show around the same time called Fantastic Journey about a groupe of people lost in the Bermuda Triangle and find themselves on an island trying to get home through different doorways??

9. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

Fantastic Journey is another show that I remember fondly. I had a chance to see them all again a few years ago. The stories aren't very good, and the production values are meagre, but Roddy McDowall is always worth watching. The special effects weren't very special, either!

It would work pretty well as a kids show, I think.

10. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Now i want to have these shows on DVD (cept Supertarin)...sitting near my Planet of the Apes TV DVDs.

11. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I remember Supertrain. It was the Love Boat on rails. The train was double-wide, and had a swimming pool, and there was a big feature in TV Guide on the model-making done to make the train. And the train station was one segment of set and a big matte painting simulating the rest of the train... I only remember one episode, in which a person who was meant to be Woody Allen starred. It wasn't actually Woody Allen, but I guess at the time, celebrities weren't aware they could sue to prevent impersonations.

12. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy

So do I. That weird dolphin like flipping motion, with your hands by your sides.

I remember that show fondly.

Supertrain, what a piece of crap that was.

13. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

TNT aired the entire LOGAN'S RUN TV series (including the 90 min pilot) several times in the early 90s.

It wasn't a very good series.