What's new

Do lights that dim do funny things to recievers? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well I have my Receiver plugged into a Belkin surge protector. I also have a light plugged into it also. The light is on top of my Cabinet. I use the light when watching movies, but I don't turn it up all the way, I just barely dim it. But I noticed that sometimes with it on the tv picture, which it run through the receiver is dimming and getting brighter a lot. Sometimes this happens with vacuum cleaners or AC's, but it seems weird with this little light. Do lights that dim cause problems?

Well after this I'm going out and buying a UPS, which I'm pretty sure even with turning on vacuum cleaners the amount of power going to the receiver shouldn't change right? They keep a steady amount of power going to whatever is plugged in?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Dimmer switches are known to cause problems, I guess by introducing noise into the power supply. Try moving the light to a different circuit. This has been mentioned here in the past, I've never faced this problem so I don't know what the solutions are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks