What's new

Do it Yourself Wart Freeze Kit (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
I just heard the advertisement for Compound W Freeze Off for removing warts and wondered how well it worked.

It comes with 12 swab-like applicators and contains Dimethyl Ether, Propane, and Isobutane. I assume the evaporation of these ingredients causes the swab to achieve below freezing temperatures.

Compound W Freeze Off

I’m curious how well it performs compared to freezing by a dermatologist.

Have any of you tried it?

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
My wife used it on our kids recently and it got rid of their warts. We'd tried other things like those wart reducing bandaids and they didn't work.

They did both say it hurt because it was so cold. My 6 year old took it a little better than my 4 year old. On an adult I would assume it's probably uncomfortable but bearable. I don't have any warts so I didn't try it myself.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I've used two treatments on a wart on my middle finger on my right hand and unfortunately it hasn't worked. It does sting a bit the next day, obviously cause it is freezing after all, but I was hoping to get rid of the pesky thing without going to a doctor.

So for me it hasn't worked, but for others it seems to.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Guo, I've heard that technique works, and I'm getting tired enough of it scraping against my other finger, I guess I'll have to try it soon.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I tried it with one I had on my foot and it worked! I thought it would take longer, but actually it was about as long as using something like the salycilic acid.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I changed it each day - the idea of having the same piece each day (especially after being on my foot) seemed kind of nasty. Plus it's recommended you scrub the wart to remove dead tissue.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
What surprised me about the duct tape link is that the traditional freezing method was only 60% effective. I thought it was more effective than that.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what else I could freeze with that thing.

Could I instantly re-cool my beer if it gets too warm?

When I was a kid, I was prone to warts on my feet... probably picked up from gym class locker rooms. The doctor told me that warts need air to survive and by cutting off their air-supply (ie: covering with duct tape), they will eventually die.

Liquid nitrogen is like a nuclear weapon against warts, I suppose.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Last summer, my son got a planters wart on his foot. I read that the freezing technique could be painful, so with healthy skepticism, we tried the duct tape solution. like a miracle, the wart was 100% gone in something like 3 weeks. Towards the end, we used a drop of sal acid just to be sure, but it was a GREAT solution and totally pain-free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks