What's new

Do I really have to wait until June for The Two Towers!?!? (1 Viewer)

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I've inherited the gene as well. When folks suggest that I rent a certain title on DVD, I feel as if they's speaking in Swahili.

I can't foresee myself ever renting a disc. At the most, I'll enter the store and buy a few used copies. That's unlikely as well, since they're usually so overpriced.

As for the Two Towers, I'll surely get suckered in and pick up both releases. And I'm going to see it again tomorrow night, so that should satiate me for a few moments.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:) My wife and I seem to have the anti-rent gene as well. It was cool when we got our player and it had something like 4-6 coupons in there for free DVD rentals from Blockbuster. But we didn't even use all of those! We've never paid a dollar to rent a DVD. Instead, we own them and they are ours forever. BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ulp. Gotta go take a pill...

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Oh so there's a trend here! Very interesting. Perhaps this non-rental issue deserves its own thread. Then we can establish a new governmental system based on this philosophy that will drive out and destroy rental chains like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video.

THE NON-RENTAL FACTION SHALL RISE FORTH AND CRUSH THE NOTION OF RENTING! :D jk

Seriously though, one of the reasons I don't rent DVDs is because renting is essentially half the cost of the purchase price of the disc! I might as well buy the particular title, even perhaps one I'm just remotely interested in, as opposed to all the hassle of renting. Especially considering how cheap most DVDs are these days. We're not talking circa the 1980's when owning a movie on VHS meant $79.95(thank god) so renting was the preferred way. Plus I don't want no dirty, stinkin' disc someone has done who knows what with that could damage my already crappy player.

On the plus side, renting discs is a way to pick up chicks. :emoji_thumbsup:

I watched the LOR TTT Academy Screener last weekend and the
scroll isn't bad. It just says "For Your Consideration" in white lettering very little distraction. The screener is great. 16x9 Dolby 5.1 very impressed.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Netflix sure is my friend. If I bought all the DVD's I was interested in seeing, sight unseen, I'd be a poor man right now! :)

And TTT is still in theaters, people! And it will still be playing in a few theaters in June, trust me. I'll be catching it on the big screen probably twice more between now and then...

-Dennis

Gruson

Second Unit
I am one of the few who prefers the theatrical release of FOTR.

THat said, I own both and will own both versions of TTT.

It will be here in Aug. I may try and buy a screener this year too, like I did with FOTR.

:)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

Rather than hijacking this one maybe we should have an anti rental gene thread, I must have it too. I've never rented a DVD, I've never even been tempted to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks