What's new

Do I need towers? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
I have Polk bookshelf speakers all around. They are the rt25i and the center is the cs245i. I also have twin SVS CS+ subs. I really like my setup but a friend has a hometheater set up in a long bonus room. The room is smaller and more inclosed. He also has M&K spekers. The sound seems to envelop the room more than mine. Is this because his room is smaller or the speakers? I do have more bass :) I wonder if tower speakers would help my situation or if it is just the acoustics of the room or his speakers? My room is 20x18 with 12' ceilings. One side opens up the the hall and the back opens up to the kitchen.

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say its probably room acoustics, especially if your friend has an enclosed area (i.e. no hall, no 'half' counter to kitchen).
But he does have a different speaker brand than you do. To you, they just may sound much better than your polks. Maybe you should start auditioning some M&K speakers:D

terence

Supporting Actor
I'd say its probably room acoustics, especially if your friend has an enclosed area (i.e. no hall, no 'half' counter to kitchen).
I would have to agree Nick because a lot of your sound is escaping the room do to your open floor plan. Your friend has a enclosed room preventing sound from leaving and going into other areas of the house. That is why he is getting a more enveloping sound than you.
Also you said his room is smaller, small,medium to large if the room has the right conditions you will get a enveloping sound with proper speaker placement of coruse. I believe your set up is fine but it would not hurt to audition M&K and other speakers IN YOUR HOME to see if it helps your problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks