Do I need towers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bowles, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I have Polk bookshelf speakers all around. They are the rt25i and the center is the cs245i. I also have twin SVS CS+ subs. I really like my setup but a friend has a hometheater set up in a long bonus room. The room is smaller and more inclosed. He also has M&K spekers. The sound seems to envelop the room more than mine. Is this because his room is smaller or the speakers? I do have more bass [​IMG] I wonder if tower speakers would help my situation or if it is just the acoustics of the room or his speakers? My room is 20x18 with 12' ceilings. One side opens up the the hall and the back opens up to the kitchen.

2. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

I'd say its probably room acoustics, especially if your friend has an enclosed area (i.e. no hall, no 'half' counter to kitchen).
    But he does have a different speaker brand than you do. To you, they just may sound much better than your polks. Maybe you should start auditioning some M&K speakers[​IMG]

3. terence

terence Supporting Actor