Do I need to Calibrate my Samsung DLP 46?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Percell, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Percell

Percell Extra

Hello all...
    I have been reading about about calibration of TVs. Do I need to do mine as well? I have the new Samsung DLP 46 and I watch HD through Comcast and it looks great to me. I have been on other web sites and they have talked in great deal about this with the first set of Sammy DLP's. Is there a way that I can adjust my set? I have not found anything in the manual. If anyone knows a way I could do this it will help a bunch. Thanks a lot!!!!!

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

Pick up a copy of Avia or the new Digital Video Essentials DVD's. These discs will help you learn about audio/video calibrations. Each disc has step by step directions on how to calibrate your video settings, (black level, contrast, tint, color, sharpness) by using supplied filters (blue, red, greeen). They also feature advance test patterns such as overcan, convergence, geometry, color decoding, IRE grey fields. I myself and believe other members prefer Avia for its ease of use and well laid out features. I have a Mitsubishi 46805 which was ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) calibrated. You can learn more about having your set professionally calibrated by doing a search here and schecking out the ISF website www.imagingscience.com Enjoy your new set[​IMG]

3. Percell

Percell Extra

I just bought the new Digital Video Essential DVD and found it to be helpful for audio and placement of my set, but when it came to the color bar demo (using the three color filters) it seem ok to me. Thanks for the web site; I may check into the Avia DVD.

Peace...