What's new

DO I NEED Calibration DVD and SPL meter? (1 Viewer)

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
I already have Yamaha RX-V363 AV Receiver equipped with YPAO auto calibration feature. Do I really need a Calibration DVD and SPL meter coz the receiver also has test tones and mic to set the levels????

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I confirmed my Pioneer's MCACC calibration using an SPL meter and Video Essentials. But I also use my calibration disc and meter to calibrate friend's and family's systems. I've also used my meter and custom test tones to plot the in-room frequency response of my sub. To do that you must use the Radio Shack analog meter.

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
Please specify the Radio Shack analog SPL model number and also the choice between VE, Avia, and Sound & Vision. Which one is better and more comprehensive than others????

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I use the Spears and Munsil disc that OPPO sent me by surprise. Didn't order it, wasn't expecting it but they sent it. Thanks OPPO!

Before that I used the Avia disc.

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
Spears & Munsil comes in blu-ray. Does it have DVD version also? Coz I dont have blu-ray player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks