Do I need another sub?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Morgan, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    If you look at the post frequency and spl readings on Ref 30 I have given readouts of my Servo 15a from 70hz(crossover) down to 20hz.I have done the same for the SVS 20-39cs.Then I posted the readings with both playing.I am going to EQ them with a BFD.My room is 4600 cubic ft.which is quite large.Wayne P and John K have been helping me with this I was wondering if I need to add another sub to get great bass?My front speakers are Von Schweikert VR3.5's and the LCR35 as of nest week the rears should be the TS350, Von Schweikerts new surrounds.Please advise. Tom V I sent you a layout of the room when I purchased the 20-39cs what do you think?I have room for 1 more sub,gee this is getting expensive.

Thanks

Steve Morgan

2. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Come on you Bass Gurus! What do I have to do to get Reference bass levels?

Cheers,

Steve

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Steve, I think you’re getting ahead of yourself here. I made some additional recommendations on your other thread (i.e., switching the subs and taking new readings) that you haven’t even done yet.

Why don’t we finish tweaking what you have now before we talk about upgrading?

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt