What's new

Do I need an amp? (1 Viewer)

michael-j-w

Auditioning
I am setting up a home theater system using a yamaha rx-v2600. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 pair,cc-470,
adp-470 pair, and sa-25 pair in ceiling. Do I need an amp to go along with the yamaha av receiver? Also my Paradigm dealer wants me to wait a couple of months for
the new Rotel av receiver to come out. Is Rotel that much better than Yamaha? Any help will be appreciated before I
go out and purchase this equipment. THANKS

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Rotel has something of a "name" for itself in the higher end markets. I don't know anything specific about the speakers you're talking about, but I've found Yamaha amplifiers to be robust and reliable.

Leo Kerr

Jongyoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your new HT system. Your speakers and receivers are good, and I'm sure it'll last for a long time. Rotel is well known for the quality, but you can always find something better with more money regardless of what you have. Unless you have an urge to upgrade, you don't really have to. Enjoy the new system!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Rotel certainly makes fine receivers. While I don’t know anything about the new model, before buying anything new, I’d make sure that it could decode the new audio formats for Blue Ray and HD-DVD.

And if this is an issue for you, make sure that a new AV receiver would be capable of switching HD video as well.

All this assumes that if you can afford Rotel, you are interested in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks