Do I need a video card with a dvi output to get HD from my PC?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jeratt, May 16, 2005.

1. Jeratt

Jeratt Auditioning

Hi everybody,I'm so new to this shit(in fact not getting first projector((panny 700)) till next month)so sorry if this seems like a stupid question,but I was just wondering if I'm going to have to get a new video card that supports HD for my pc when I get my projector or would I be able to use my current one?(it only has regular component and S-video,no dvi).due to money issues I have never dealt with home theater stuff before,but always loved it when I would see someone elses set up,now I'm finally taking the plunge and want to go balls to the wall,lol.I've been trying to read up as much as I can,but still will probably be asking some questions that might seem dumb,but any help,and I would be very greatfull,thx.

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

What you need is a seperate HD card to tune in HD channels. Either the ATI card, or the ones they sell at Digital Connection will do

www.digitalconnection.com

There isn't a need to change out your card, if you are fine outputting your regular stuff in RGB and don't want to pass through the regular display. You can hook up HD to the Digital input, and the regular display to the analog.

Jason

3. Jeratt

Jeratt Auditioning

thx for the info[​IMG]