Do I need a signal booster?

Metzzen1

Auditioning
Real Name
Russell Travino
I have a video feed from security cameras running into a moniter in my room. Originally it was run through a cable(coax) wire with a adapter on the end to convert it to a male RCA plug. With my new LCD i want the cameras to be into the coax (in) on the back of the screen. So I took the adapter off of the camera coax and put a normal F connecter end on it so it woudl screw into the tv. But when i plug it in it does not show up, you can tell it gets some signal because the static changes when you plug it in but the signal is to weak i think. It s not a bad connection at my end. checked many times and its good.
This cable is about 150' long from the source to the back of my tv. So do i need a signal boost for this to work properly?
What kind? links plz

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Your "F" connection on the TV is expecting an RF feed. Before you were feeding the composite video feed of the camera into a composite input. You need to put an RCA plug back on the coax and buy an RF modulator. Either one that does channel 3/4 or a frequency agile model that does channel 3-120. I have a 3 channel model from Parts Express that I'm going to put 3 cameras on.

-Robert

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtW34