What's new

Do I have to throw away my Bose cubes? (1 Viewer)

I have an audio setup in room number one consisting of the Onkyo DS 595, and the Ascend Acoustics CBM -170 with the HSU VTF -2 subwoofer. I am using this to replace my older Bose Lifestyle 12 System. Can I connect the double cubes from the Lifestyle System to the second speaker outputs "B switch" of the Onkyo 595, and use it to listen to music in a second room. I will not be using both A and B at the same time? Also the Bose has a large base unit. How would I connect this, and /or do I need to connect it?

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
What I would do....
Take the bose system and your new system to high schools and such.Do programs on "friends,dont let friends buy bose"
------------------

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Steven;
You would be able to plug in the Bose speakers to your B connections without any problem. You can actually turn off the A speakers if you want and turn on the B or you can have them both running at the same time. I'm certain it won't cause any damage to your Onkyo receiver.
------------------
-J.Fo
Live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area? Wanna meet local HTF members? Click Here!

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
One more thing...
When you hook up the Bose speakers, be sure to plug the cubes into the back of the bass module and then plug the bass module into the speaker connections on the back of your receiver. If you connect the cubes directly to the receiver, you'll blow them out.
------------------
-J.Fo
Live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area? Wanna meet local HTF members? Click Here!

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
I thought the Lifestyle 12 system was one of the powered systems. Amplifiers inside the "bass" module power all speakers. If that's the case then there may not be speaker-level inputs to the bass module. If there's a line-level input you could just connect that to one of the line outs from the receiver. I'd use RG6 cable with adapters for a long run with line-level signals.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Put them up for sale on ebay... lots of pigeons on there that'll give you big bucks for them. :)
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks