What's new

Do I have this right?? (1 Viewer)

jonathanMo

Auditioning
Real Name
jonathan montgomery
So I want to pre-wire for a multisource/multizone system do I just need to run 2strand speaker wire from the reciever to each zones volume control and from the control to the speakers ,and cat 5 to each room for use of keypads in the future.

I guess what i should say is what would you guys run for wires if you were planning on doing a multisource/multiroom system in the future but dont have the money for all of the equipment right now. I would also like to be able to play music from my computer throughout the system what will that require for wiring?

Thanks for the help i need to sheetrock in a couple of weeks and i want to get this house wire for all possible expansion.

Thanks Jon

mylan

Screenwriter
If you'll go back to your earlier posts, you will see we have already answered this question for you. Our answers will be the same, in a nutshell; you'll need to run a 16/2 speaker wire for each speaker, and from that you will need to run a 16/4 bundle to the location of your amp, receiver, etc. additionally you will need a run of cat5 to a volume control/keypad.
I have much experience with this as I have just installed a whole house audio system in my house, which was made easier because I pre-wired in this manner. If you cannot afford to actually install everything now, then I suggest you install a single or double gang wall plate so that when you are ready to install the system, all you will have to do is remove the blank wall plate and connect everything. My recomendation to you is to consider a true whole house solution, like the Russound CAV 6.6 with Uno 2 keypads, this will give you excellent control features that will be easy for the entire family to enjoy. Make sure to consider where you want the keypads installed and just put blanks there until you get ready.
If you need further assistance, the guys over at www.avsforum.com can help. Some of them are actual installers and have done many of the same types of systems you are considering.

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
I would run 16/4 and Cat5e from home run to each touchpad location and then on the speakers. This will cover most future needs.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks