Do I have the best wife or what?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Anderson, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

She sure was the pick of the litter [​IMG] Now before you jump down my throat that was actually her phrase. Anyway she came home just a few minutes ago with a bunch of bags. And like I normally do I ask her what she got me. 99% of the time her response is "Nothing", today she said "Something".
    And boy did she ever do good. She brought me home a book about the size of a normal magazine but bound like a trade paperback. It's 205 ALL COLOR pages. Title is "Behind the Mask of Spider-Man The Secrets of the Movie" The cover is of the first poster with the image of the Twin Towers removed.
    Just flipping through it I realized I was gonna end up spoiling the movie for myself, so I will have to wait till after I see it before reading it. So... do I have the best wife or what?

2. Bac Bradley

Bac Bradley Stunt Coordinator

One of the best..I've been known to get goodies here and there myself [​IMG]

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Like Bac says, one of the best. Of the very best, for sure [​IMG].
    Cees

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

You're supposed to let your wife out of the house? Hmmm... maybe I should go unshackle mine.

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

No, you don't, she's mine... [​IMG]
    But that's a very nice gift. Women know stuff about their husbands, which always amazes me, since men's minds tend to focus on things like comic books, HT gear and the latest sports results. [​IMG]
    /Mike

6. Bac Bradley

Bac Bradley Stunt Coordinator

They do pay attention to what we say, some of the time anyways. Most of the goodies I get are stuff I've mentioned before in some capacity, or a DVD that she thinks I'll like. Most X-Mas gifts are definitely ManRoom goodies!

7. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Yep you really are lucky to have such a wife Frank, where can I get one like that?[​IMG]
    The last pressy I got from mein fuhrer fraulein was a cd of 50's rock n roll, from one of those bargain shops, probably cost her 50pence, she's always thinking of me.[​IMG]

8. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I could make a great case for continuing clone research here...but hey, it's so obvious isn't it? [​IMG]

9. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    We had Easter a little early this year and my gal was kind enough to give me chocolate AND DVD goodness. Amongst the plastic grass and jelly beans there was Murder By Death neatly wrapped in Reese's wrapping paper.

I gotta gal in Kalamazoo....

10. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I don't mean to brag. [​IMG] But mine gets me stuff like that all the time; dvds, movie books, action figures, etc. It's usually cause she's buying the stuff for herself and then she sees something she'd know I'd like. Not to mention we'll watch pretty much anything I want on a daily basis, except horror films. Then there's all that other stuff she does for me that I shouldn't really mention here. I count myself pretty lucky.

11. Frank Anderson

Ross,

Mine just approved my newest purchases on eBay. Two more Spider-Man statues (you got to love that Buy-it-now feature) and a Spider-Man tie. All for just under $150.00

12. Ross Williams

Frank,
    You need approval? [​IMG]

13. Frank Anderson

ROFLMAO

Technically no, but just to be polite yes. I've been married 18 years so I guess I just work harder at staying that way.

14. Ross Williams

What is ROFLMAO?

Congrats on the 18 years together. I'm sure I could learn quite a few lessons from you. However, I don't see finances ever becoming a problem with us. We see so eye to eye on it and just about everything else that it's amazing.

15. Frank Anderson

Rolling

On

Floor

Laughing

My

Ass

Off

16. Ross Williams

Ahhh...

Looks like this has officially become the Frank and Ross discusion thread. Anybody have anything else to interject?

17. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    No, I have the best wife.

But I can't tell you why, not on a family-oriented forum like this...