Do I have an NCenter and N24 rear problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Sch., Apr 2, 2002.

1. Jeff Sch.

Jeff Sch. Stunt Coordinator

Basically, when I put a song on my Ncenter somtimes pops or clicks during a song. It also kind of pops or makes noises when i turn up the volume on my reciever. Do I have a problem?

Could the second problem listed be because more power is going to the speaker as i turn the volume up?

My other question is about my right rear N24 (+3) which gets staticky when i listen to some songs in Circle Surround. Im wondering if it could be caused by the cd being a little dirty or have scratchs on it?

I usually listen to my music around -26db - -34db

Is this to high and could i damage things listening at this level. My system is not calibrated using aVia or anything but my own ears.

Thanks to anyone with some input.

Im running a Vr-507, N26's , NCenter

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Jeff - I'm not familiar with your VR-507, so maybe someone else can chime in with any INFO that might help.

3. ScottAndrew

ScottAndrew Stunt Coordinator

I have a similar setup. I have the older VR-407 an N-center, and N-24 surrounds. When I turn up the volume to around -25 I get a pop out of my right surround, and then I sometimes just get static or buzzing from that channel until I turn it down. In my case I'm certain it's the receiver because it also happened when I had the Kenwood HTB speakers that came with the receiver.

It doesn't matter what the source material is, either. I first noticed it when playing the receiver's test tones. But in stereo mode the only limit on the volume is what my ears can handle. In real life I never play as loud as -25 anyway.

But maybe that will help you isolate the problem. I'm curious too.

Scott

4. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Jeff,
    I also have the JBL N24s and the NCenter, but have never had the problems that you describe.
    My receiver is the Sony DB840.