Do I have a damaged AI disc 2 or is this a quirk in the video?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rob kilbride, Mar 12, 2002.

1. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Supporting Actor

Rob Kilbride
    Can someone please check their disc for this problem? On disc 2 in the Special Visual Effects and Animation section, in the video The Robots, at 0:08 there is a horizontal bar of what appears to be pixelization that crosses the entire screen between the words Scott Farrar and Visual Effects etc. Don't blink because it only lasts one frame but using the DVD step button its easy to pause on it and it is noticeable at full speed. There is some barely visible cloudiness on the disc so this will be very helpful in determining for me whether this sort of imperfection is something to be concerned about. I have a Sony DVP-S530D and am curious to see if other people who have this player and other players have this quirk because it would be very helpful for my future glitch analysis. Thanks in advance.

2. rob kilbride

Rob Kilbride
    PLEASE can someone check this for me. Its not that I'm so concerned about a minor glitch in a bonus feature, but it will greatly help in my understanding of what may be a damaged disc or a problem with the source material.

3. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

Checked this out. It is on the video. I do not think it is defective disc. I am using a Toshiba SD3109. It is a horiz. band. Looks like a compression glitch but I'm no expert. Pretty minor. You really have to be looking for it. On a really large front display screen, it would probably be more noticeable.

4. Harrison Shinn

Harrison Shinn Stunt Coordinator

Harrison Shinn
    Checked it out also and it looks to me like it's a videotape glitch. It could possibly be a dropout on the master tape that the interview was recorded on. Don't worry, your disc is fine.

Cheers!

Harry

5. rob kilbride

Rob Kilbride
    Thank you very much Harry! What a relief.

6. rob kilbride

Rob Kilbride
    Oh yeah and thanks to you too Edwin! Sorry.