What's new

Do guys who chew tobacco ever get laid? (1 Viewer)

Jason L.

Second Unit
I've been working overseas for the Army for over 3 years now, and I see a lot of guys chew tobacco - both active military and contractors who are ex-military.

It is strange at work to see guys have spit cups all around - and even worse - spit into the trash can. Gross. I haven't seen this myself in a real-world office environment because it isn't tolerated. I think this is even worse than smoking. Growing up in New York, I don't remember anyone ever chewing tobacco.

The thing that pops into my head is - what woman would ever find this attractive or tolerate this? Who would ever kiss someone who chews tobacco? Wouldn't this be an automatic deal breaker?

In short, do guys who chew tobacco ever get laid?

I would especially love to hear the female contingent of the HTF comment on this.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
This is a good question, except... Chicks seem to "tolerate" a lot. Have you looked around lately?

MC

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Back in vet school, a group of about 10 guys who thought of themselves as "country boys" liked to sit in the back of the class and indulge in the chew/spit thing. They used styrofoam coffee cups. You did NOT want to pick up one of those by mistake. :)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i think this would have to be limited to average-paid guys. even if someone was MADE of chewing tobacco, they would get laid if they made as much money as a ballplayer :)

CJ

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can't see where it's any different than kissing someone who smokes.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
As a yankee who went to school in the south, I can say that dipping is a regional thing. I hardly knew anyone who dipped growing up in NE. I knew more guys who dipped than smoked when I lived in the south. The only complaint I heard from their girlfriends was "I'm not kissing you with that thing in your mouth." One finger scoop, a little swish, swish and all was well. Then again, I knew some girls who dipped back then, so it probably wasn't a good cross section of public opinion.

Copenhagen

Auditioning
Real Name
edward
Yes, I agree with M. Have you ever experienced the discusting taste of a female smoker? ugh! I chew tobacco to ward most females off. I am not gross about my habit and spit anywhere at all. However if there is a female that is truly interested in me she will rise to the challenge of trying to change me from the habit. It takes time, but a really sincere woman is up to it. Yes, I get laid a lot and all the women are cool about my habit. They only ask that I wash my mouth out and brush my teeth just like I ask a smoker female before we do the nasty. Hope this helps as athletes practice the same courtesy. I t is not about how much you make it is about attraction for the future.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I can't see where it's any different than kissing someone who smokes.

I thought the same thing. Disgusting habits.

Somewhat on-topic: In May, Michigan finally enacted a ban on smoking in all public places, including restaurants. It is so pleasant to be able to go into a restaurant or bar now and not smell any smoke. In the past, we only were able to enjoy such environments when we traveled out of state.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Very regional for sure. I actually know several very attractive women who find it sexy.

And to be completely honest, kissing a girl I just met at a bar (who only smokes at the bar) was a fairly big turn-on. Not sure I would find it attractive in the long-term though...

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
When I was in the Navy, I used to work with a female tech who was by most accounts a very attactive young lady. When she told me that she used to chew, I just couldn't get the image of her spitting into a cup or bottle out of my head.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

Somewhat on-topic: In May, Michigan finally enacted a ban on smoking in all public places, including restaurants. It is so pleasant to be able to go into a restaurant or bar now and not smell any smoke. In the past, we only were able to enjoy such environments when we traveled out of state.

We did that here in Ohio a few years ago. I love it. I've gotten so used to it that when we go out of state and get asked "Smoking or Non" at a restaraunt it catches me off guard.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Luckily in TN, 21 and up only establishments can still have smoking. But I have to agree, smoke free is very nice in restaurants.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Bryan X

We did that here in Ohio a few years ago. I love it. I've gotten so used to it that when we go out of state and get asked "Smoking or Non" at a restaraunt it catches me off guard.

Bryan -- I live in Louisville and they stopped it here several years ago as well. I am always caught off guard when we go somewhere and I see somebody light up a cig inside. It just seems weird now but when I was growing up I never thought a thing about it.

On to the chewing -- I have dipped on and off over the years and I guess living in Kentucky it does not seem like a big deal. If you work in a business environment then you won't see it but if you work in a shop a lot of people do it. Also after about 5 minutes of dipping I do not have to spit again so everyone does does not carry a cup or bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks