Do Fluance speakers look cheap inside?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Derek H, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Derek H

Derek H Agent

Do Fluance speakers look cheap inside? I found some pics of the internals of fluance speakers. Now I know lots of people say that these speakers are great "for the money" and there have been lots of positive reviews. But how do the INTERNALS compare to other speakers such as athena, jbl, etc.. (if I had higher quality speakers I would open them up and compare, but I dont). I have been considering the Fluance speakers as a budget system so any input would be helpful.

www.gamingin3d.com/reviews/fluance/

www.angelfire.com/va2/tronix/fluance.html

So are they still worth the money??

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

they look good . they sound good what else do you want. What makes a speakers insides look cheap?? i mean they all have one pcb, wire, and filling. i wouldn't call them budget speakers just because they cost a few dollars.
    i have a 6.1 set up on them and i think they are very good.
    if i was you i would try them out. I think i would go with the av-sc center. i have that one and i can tell you that the sound is very smooth and real. for 60$ i paid for it i would buy it again. it is very good. check it out. seperates are very good. i have the av-f5, av-bp2, and the av-sc.[​IMG]

3. Derek H

Derek H Agent

Thanks for the input. The only thing I was saying was that a speaker can look great (and expensive) outside but in fact it is crap inside, thats why I was wondering if there was a big difference between Fluance and other speakers internally

4. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

For $199...I've heard that those speakers are a steal.

5. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

Naw, i was just pointing out that they make a very good speaker with out breaking your pocket. And they are a steal. man they put out a great sound. i have heard alot of people here complain about there center channel. Fluance
    make a very good center. i was really surprised when i hooked it up. i just can get over the price. i save over thousand by choosing these speakers. i was about to buy the axiom m22 and mti3, but I came across Fluance. for 500$ for a full setup i said what the heck . it paid off. with the rest of the cash i bought the infocus X1.[​IMG] good luck on your choice derek. i know it can be hard. it took me three months to buy. there are so many speakers out there. just take your time and do some research. later

6. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

It's a good deal for Canadians because they're shipped from Niagra Falls Ontario. You won't pay brokerage fees or inflated shipping charges that will happen if you order from the States. Another advantage is that because you live outside of Ont. you won't pay PST just GST.