1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

do dual SVS's do anything for music?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leif Wall, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

While I'm more then satisfied with my single 20-39cs, I'd really like to go with 2 of them. I know it'll be killer for movies, I'm wondering about music.

It took me awhile to get the single sounding good with music, but after I did, it's great. Currently listening to some Cypress Hill right now. (even though I'm a death/black metal fan)

I'm really used to car audio type bass. I'm not really looking for that level of bass in my house or wherever I'm living at the time.

So the question, does dual SVSs have a significant effect on music?

2. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Leif:

Out of curiosity, have you compared it to a sub primarily designed for music (as opposed to HT)?

Larry

3. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

Kinda tough to do around here. (North Dakota) We don't have a lot of high-end audio type stores. My license is also suspended so I can't cruise down to say Fargo to look around. We used to have a store in Grand Forks (where I was living and will be moving back to) that sold Velodyne, but the store went out of business awhile back. We have another store that sells: Paradigm, [email protected], and a few others I believe. I've already invested in SVS, so I don't want to just ditch it and spend another $1,000+ on another sub. I'm trying to save for a widescreen too while getting ready to go back to college. Decisions decisions, it's tough.

4. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    Leif:

My new 20-39 is sitting in the corner, silent. Sigh. My whole system is torn apart until the new preamp comes and the SVS arrived ahead of that. ARrrrgghhhh.

However, from what I've read, you might get a bit of that slam you're looking for with the 25-31, which has somewhat more energy in the "upper" bass range.

I suggest you drop an email to Tom Vodhanel at SVS and ask him. They are VERY responsive to owner questions. I have every confidence they'd set you out in the right direction.

And, by the way, living in Grand Forks isn't so bad. It could be worse. My parents are from Devil's Lake via Brinsmade and Ryder!! (You'll have to check a map....)