What's new

Do Direct TV and Dish Network point same spot? (1 Viewer)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Getting tired of mini pauses once a hour with my dish network and thinking of taking advantage of free direct tv install. But I dont have much room to work with, does Direct tv point in same direction, SE?

thanks

Trevor_J

Second Unit
You can use one dish for both networks if you point your dish at DirecTV's satellite and then tie an LNB (using zip ties) to the left side of the DirecTV LNB. I'm pretty sure it's the left side but I'll have to check for you when it's light outside.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you have a Dish500 dish, you are pointed at satellite locations 110 and 119. DirecTV core programming is at location 101, just to the left of where you are pointing. If you decide to switch, I recommend getting a Phase III dish with your DirecTV system. It points at 101, 110 and 119. You will get a few extra channels now but if you decide to upgrade to HD, you will already have the required dish. I also recommend spending a few dollars and getting the DirecTivo. It's the best piece of equipment that I have ever purchased.

-Robert

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
I am using very first HD capable reciever came out for dish. its oldy. I think its HD6000? I put up with these mini breaks/pauses for over year as I've repeated be told same useless information, line of sight, cables, etc. And last 4 months it just getting more frequent. There is shed to left of my setup outside my apartment being reason why I asked as I cant point much more to left.
thanks for info.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually the first HD Dish receiver was the model 5000. I had the 6000 before I switched back to DirecTV. I never had any problems like you describe.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks