What's new

Do camcorder's have a/v input's ? (1 Viewer)

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
I guess the headline pretty much tell's the point of what i need to know. The particular brand's i am looking at are the panny pvdv202,the jvc grdvl720,and the jvc grdvl725. Just would like to know if these or any mini dv camcorder's have input's on them so i could record off of vcr. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah, bunch of them.

I don't know about the models you are speaking of but I have a JVC one but don't have the model number with me at the moment and it has one. It's label DV in/out so it's one port for in or out via digital transfer.

Since if you're buying, I'm sure you'll be checking it out in person so just look for that.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there are, but I don't know any particular model numbers. I wish mine did. You can monitor thourh the A/V input and record analog direct to your PC through firewire this way.

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
Thank's for the input guy's. I went to my local tweeter today and they told me that camcorder's don't come with input's then i went to best buy and asked one of the kid's[yes now you see how desperate i was]. And he looked at me like i had 2 head's but he thought they did. All i can say is guy's from tweeter you let me down shame shame shame.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Rick,

Most people don't use the input because they don't know what they would need that for.

Here are some of the reasons:

1.Transfer to computer, edit and export it back to the camcorder.

2. Transfer from one camcorder to another.

3. Transfer from tapes to camcorder because of editing features availability on the camcorder or to archive them in miniDV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks