What's new

Do any of you take offers? I need a sub (1 Viewer)

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I have excellent brains(talking about my system) But lack in the speaker dept.

I have an Okyo 575X Reciever

A pioneer DV333 DVD player

Everything runs good except my Piece of CRAP AIWA sub. It wont work anymore.

I need a sub fast and BAD. Only problem is for the money, I canf find anything that interest me.

So, do any of you make subs on the side etc. Do you have a DIY sub for sale?

I'm not sure how much you all charge.

ORRRRRRRRRRRR can you recommend me to some places to learn to make my own sub.

I'm familiar with box designs etc. I've made my own CAR Audio boxes. But as far as what amp to buy, power supply, drivers etc. I'm clueless.

Martice

Screenwriter
Ruben, do I have the place for you.
Go here and take a look at this site.
Link Removed
Read my review of them here:
Acoustic-Visons review
Kyle is out of town but if you e-mail me I will give you the e-mail address to his partner Rob Lloyd.
Good Luck

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Visit Link Removed. Kent is a regular on this BBS and builds DIY subs for almost nothing. He's currently working on my 142.5L monster and has even been sending me images of the work in progress (very cool). There's lots of styles to choose from, you should check it out.
Edit:
hahahaha!:laugh: Martice beat me to it.

Martice

Screenwriter
HI Jerry. How's it going? I know you're licking your chops just thinking about that monster you have coming soon. I can't wait for you to see the attack scene in Pearl Harbor because I doubt that you'd have a house afterwards with that monster you have.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Ruben,
Go to www.partsexpress.com and pick up a 12" DVC subwoofer (currently $100 IIRC) and a 300-794 250W plate amp (might still be $130). Build yourself a 1.25cuft sealed box, and away you go. You'll be up and running again in no time. Later, when you have more time, IF you feel the need for more bass, you can research a little and build a new enclosure with the sub/amp that you just bought!

Martice

Screenwriter
YOu can also go to Acoustic-Visions.com and get the parts express parts for less than parts-express.
Link Removed

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I would have liked to put in my $.02 on this subject.. but I've already spent it on another thread. :)
Anyway, I just wanted to say... I think building a subwoofer is the easiest as far as audio projects go. Once you've established the enclosure size for your driver, you pretty much have free reign (sp?) to do what you want.
I built Link Removed with the cheapest parts I could find. I expected it to sound bad, but I was thoroughly impressed with the sound. It out performs the one-note thumpers I hear at Best Buy.
Just buy a decent driver and a decent amp, and build a decent box, and you will be impressed.

Martice

Screenwriter
I must agree that if you have the ability to put a DIY sub together it's a no brainer to go that route. However, I needed a sub in the worst way and didn't have the room (apt. dweller)nor experience so that's why I went with Kyle at Acoustic Visions because I still have a sub that's tuned to 21HZ for a little more than $300.00.

Once again, if you have the space and ability I say go for the DIY sub because no other company is going to give you the amount of performance you get with a DIY sub for the money and I'm sure I have total backing on this statement.

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
drop a note to brian s
he has a sweet dual shiva tube i think he is looking to sell.
you can look his addy up here or go to
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/bpsdesigns/
he would also build you a sub to order.
im not "working" for him, but i assure you his is some of the most accurate craftmenship arround.

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
Any companies that sell prefab sonosub sytems? I emailed Acoustic Vision, and I would like to see if there are any other places that do it? (Aside from SVS. A TAD bit out of my budget!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks