What's new

Do any of you not put the speaker wires in the wall (1 Viewer)

jim1174

Agent
Real Name
jim
I know that most people put their speaker wires through the wall. If you,don't do this what method do you use to hide the speaker wires and keep every thing looking nice ?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I live in a rental apartment so no in-wall installations for me.

I have the speaker cables running discreetly along the floor right against the wall, and in a few spots I have some clips holding them in place. The furniture and shelves pretty much take care of hiding any part that might show. They’re still there but you really have to look for them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We own our home, but I do similar to Josh. My speaker wires, as well as the coaxial cable for the subwoofer, are run along the base of the wall, tucked under the carpet in our family room. In our basement recreation room, I have four speakers for a music-only setup. In that area, I ran the speaker wire above the drop ceiling to each speaker, but dropped it behind the wall to a banana plug type wall plate to connect to the integrated amplifier.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I have some in-wall wiring but most of my runs are actually along the walls and hidden by fabric that also serves to deaden the room acoustics and add a dark theater-like color.

upload_2019-1-25_10-40-7.png

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I couldn't run speaker wires in my bedroom so I have the speaker wires at the carpet/wall edge and use a rubber speaker wire cover protecting them in the area that opens between my bedrroom and bump out office.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I've run speaker wires along the case boards plenty of times. If the tack strip isn't too close to the wall, a lot of times you can squeeze the wires under the base boards. For doorways I have snuck wires under the carpet right next to the tack strip and you can't see it or feel it.
I've also used flat speaker wire to make runs under carpet across a room. I carefully fish a couple fiberglass rods first and then pull the wire through making sure to keep it flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks