What's new

Do any of the 3rd party PS2 remotes have an ON/OFF function? (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Just curious.

That seems like a selling point. I know a couple of them have power on/off buttons but those may only be for other components.

Thanks all.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
No, there is no PS2 remote even capable of doing that. And the XBOX doesn't have that either but it does have an idle shut off so you could set it for a really sjort time and just never turn the XBOX off manually.

Ken Ingram

Stunt Coordinator
The PS2 has a standby mode: Just hold down the reset button on the front for a couple of seconds and the light will turn red and shut down and go into standby mode. and you wont have to reach behind the system and shut it off.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys.

So, to clarify, there's also no remote which is capable of putting the unit in standy mode, remotely?

I think I already know the answer, but you know...

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Mitty,
This is a really valid issue... despite being able to manually put the PS2 into 'standby' (which I do daily), the remotes are unable to do this. In my opinion, this was a glaring oversight, and unless someone can chime in with a valid reason this was ommited, I stand by it. :)
Joseph

Camp

Senior HTF Member
this was a glaring oversight, and unless someone can chime in with a valid reason this was ommited, I stand by it
The PS2 simply isn't powerful enough to handle a "power off" feature. The fact that it takes several minutes for the Xbox to power off is a clear example of its subtle superiority over the PS2.

However, the Gamecube, with it's tactile termination switch is thrust into the position of king of all consoles as it is capable of instantaneously powering off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks