What's new

Do any HDTV capture cards have component INPUT? (1 Viewer)

DaveNel

Second Unit
Hello They do make some that are, Just to get an idea go to Ebay and do a search for what you are looking for. They have all kinds of cards that will fit your needs. Then when you find one that fits your needs buy it, or go and buy a new one.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Did you want to record the component video input, or were you merely hoping to use your PC as a video scalar?

Phil L

Supporting Actor

Record the input.

My PVR only outputs through component (not much choice, only HD PVR the cable company offers) and I'd like to archive some things on it.

I've found a couple HD ATSC cards tuner cards that output component but none that have it for input.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Only consumer cards that have component in only accept a 480i signal. Even then I'm not sure they let you record from it, their primary use is for scaling. Here's two popular ones:

Holograph3D
PDI Deluxe

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep, don't think there is any component input HD cards, just ATSC tuners. I think the bandwidth would be really high for trying to capture analog HD (the reason ATSC or Firewire/SDI cards work is because they are taking in an already digitized MPG stream).

To be honest the analog HD capture hardware for professionals is still even ungodly expensive.

Phil L

Supporting Actor

Nope. It can come with it but TWC NYC had them made without it available and won't enable the USB port. Not even the S-Video output:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread