What's new

Do any channels besides TCM broadcast a lot of movies in widescreen ? (1 Viewer)

Bill cc

Agent
I have Digital Cable with every movie channel, but rarely watch them becasue all the movie are modified to fullscreen..

After being into DVD for so long, it almost feels weird watching a movie in full screen.. and the whole time i'm thinking "wonder what this is really supposed to look like"

So far the only channel I see a lot of widescreen shown is Turner Classic Movies

I cant belive HBO, Showtime, The Movie Channel, or Cinemax doesn't have at least one of their channels devoted to widescreen.. Each one of them have like 8 channels.

HBO is the most suprising because it goes out the the way to broadcast in 5.1 and even shows the Sopranos in widescreen (with full screen on HBO2)

IS it hard for TV channels to get licensing on widscreen versions of movies or something ?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
TCM shows movies in widescreen whenever possible. You can also see widescreen movies on Sundance and IFC.

~T

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They think people won't watch widescreen, even now

Sci-Fi Channel shows lots of movies in widescreen. Most of their original programming is widescreen too

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
AMC doesn't show anything worth a shit anymore. You may find at least one letterbox movie every night and that's it. Plus the damn commercial interruptions and the damn censoring of the language and content. Stick with TCM and FMC when watching movies. Commercial free, censor free, and in OAR. FMC will show widescreen and pan and scan to keep both us and the Joe 6 Packs happy.

Bill cc

Agent
I actuallly meant TCM.. i get those two mixed up.
Anyways, I'm working on getting Sudance and IFC.. supposedly I should already be getting them, but there's something wrong with my line (so the cable compnay says) It's weird becasue I get every othe channel except those and a few international channels> They said IFC and Sundance was just added . and they're gonna send someone out to take a look at my feed :)
BTW..How do edit titles ? :confused:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bill,
Only an Administrator can edit a thread title once it's posted which I've done in this case by changing AMC to TCM.

Crawdaddy

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I emailed IFC telling them Thanks for showing movies in Letterbox. They said they are a part of BRAVO and Bravo also shows OAR programming. But I haven't seen ONE letterbox program on there at all.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Ken, Bravo has shown OAR programming. It was just a long time ago. Whenever they showed "Radio Flyer" in the mid '90s, they aired it in its OAR. However, the only turnoff to the presentation was that sometimes there were commercials in some of the presentations.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I was surprized when Sci Fi was showing Super Man The Movie in OAR. I was like "Hey Cool!" so I left it on that channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks